Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

I have mentioned this before … I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin which had a plaque in a city park honoring the Confederacy. The plaque was removed in the 1970’s.

Yeah, cops run wild in the prisons.

FYI for us USians: Cops in the US are supposed to be individually identifiable so that complaints can be made. But that doesn’t mean they can’t remove their name tags or obscure their badge numbers. In fact, those are both SOP while on riot patrol. Instead they are (allegedly) Individually identifiable from the serial numbers on their riot gear. A couple other things to watch for is if they are all carrying around gas-mask sized pouches, not-so-lethal weaponry, and whether they have locking holsters.

If they come with their badge numbers obscured, they aren’t there to peace keep. If they come with the little pouches, or the not-so-lethal gear, there’s a real chance they’ll use it (not >50%). If you see front line cops w/o serial numbers on their riot gear, or see front line cops w/o locking holsters… you need to run away, no kidding.

3 Likes

I need more coffee. I was like uhh I understand protesting Inso0 but how many times is Inso0 times??

4 Likes

Among the weirdest fuckin things David Lynch has ever produced, but support is support so I’ll allow it

2 Likes

A Reuters’ report looking at Minnesota police. Cliffs: it’s not just a couple bad apples, qualified immunity is bullshit, and Bob Kroll is a piece of shit.

3 Likes

I nominate you to write the NYT front page headlines

3 Likes

Yeah there are a few basic answers that are all you should say, disclaimer IANAL.

Pre-Arrest

“I’m sorry officer, I do not consent to any searches. Am I free to go?”

“Am I being detained or am I free to go?”

Post-Arrest

“Lawyer.”

Repeat ad nauseum. I guess maybe asking for your phone call is also something that should be on the list.

Bob Kroll Is a Piece of Shit really should be a headline somewhere.

Kroll, who became union president in 2015, has locked horns with police chiefs and mayors past and present. A key point of contention: Kroll’s backing of so-called warrior-style policing, which conditions officers to view all encounters with residents as inherently dangerous. After Frey stopped the department’s use of such training last year, Kroll announced the union would make the training free for any officer who wanted it.

Kroll voiced his views on officer conduct following a police shooting in 2015. During a meeting, he told the legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota that he “viewed policing and complaints like you view a basketball game, in that if you’re not getting any fouls you aren’t playing hard enough.”

Kroll has himself been the subject of 10 misconduct complaints since 2013, police records show.

He also was mentioned in a 2007 discrimination lawsuit filed against the department by five black officers… It alleged that Kroll referred to Keith Ellison, then a U.S. congressman, as a “terrorist.” Ellison, who is black and Muslim, became the state’s attorney general in 2019 and is now helping to prosecute the four officers involved in the Floyd case. The suit also alleged Kroll wore “a motorcycle jacket with a ‘White Power’ badge sewn onto it.”

In 2018, Kroll defended officers who refused to be interviewed for the county attorney’s 2018 investigation into the death of a 40-year-old white woman shot by a police officer in the alley behind her home. The woman, Justine Damond, was barefoot and in her pajamas… In an interview with a local radio station in 2018, Kroll said it was unfair to say the police had not cooperated. “The thing is, they were asked to come in for a voluntary statement, and not volunteering does not mean not cooperating,” he said.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1268592167750111243

Dave Grossman. Guy teaches that killing isn’t a big deal but hasn’t killed anybody in the line of duty.

Guy is another grifter and scammer who for some reason gets taken seriously.

This is not the whole problem, but it’s a huge problem. One of many huge problems, and a big part of the reason for my take.

This seems pretty out there to me. Are there examples in the last 20 years or so of the police violently suppressing strikes?

Regardless of who we have policing once we fix this problem, they need to be policing their own communities.

Fuck off

1 Like

Holy fuck, where is this?

More roundabouts? I was in Wales and England last year and it seemed like there was a roundabout every half mile - even on the highways! (Beautiful country though, even if I did feel like I was going to die every 5 minutes on the road.)

I’m from NYC, and I’ve never been as scared crossing the street as I was in Dublin.

1 Like

I think the major impact of trump is everybody’s brain cracked open but in a different way. MAGAs (the police, the GOP etc) realised they could let fly and no one was really going to do anything about it. That we already hate them so they might as well go nitro. Lefties brains broke and they finally seem to have realised and comprehended (like the maga peeps) that there are no rules, there’s no such thing as objectivity in a political sense, you can’t appeal to the refs. That morality is enough for most but there are people who have no conscience and if you want a moral code to exist you need to enforce it on people to a degree. Centrists are the only ones who didn’t see a truth after trump. Centrists brains broke and retreated into ever deeper fantasies about muller and russia and tick tick tick and someone coming to save the day. Probably only trump could have done it. He’s so obviously full of shit, you realise he bullshitted his way through his entire life every single day he was holding on by the seat and trying desperately to get to the next sentence, and he’s a billionaire and the president.

7 Likes

Deleted and reposted in abolish police thread

This is the Magic Roundabout in Swindon. A thing of immense beauty:

Yes, the smaller circles are mini roundabouts. No, I have no idea how it works.

13 Likes

You sound like a Republican or LolSchoolChoice liberal that doesn’t think throwing money at schools is smart.

There are better police forces in the US, and while the funding should be cut substantially for military weapons and dumb shit, diversity hiring/training and higher pay will lead to better people working as police officers.