Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

Can I get a check on my earlier thought? Did you run into any looting or wanton property damage either within range of cops or not?

I yield my time FUCK YOU needs to be the way every dem committee members ends their time.

3 Likes

I didn’t see one act of violence or vandalism and only felt threatened by the teargas

Looks like there’ll be a peaceful protest in Prague this Saturday. It’s more of a general protest against Trump but focuses heavily on police brutality in America.

Unfortunately, covid19 restrictions imposed by the government have temporarily banned public gatherings of more than 300 people. The Facebook group has 1,200 people claiming that they will attend. I honestly don’t know how the police will be able to enforce that policy because people are going to show up no matter what. I’m sure that some people who are sent away will find another place to gather.

Anyway, protests have spread through cities in Europe. It seems that just about every major city either already had a protest or is going to have one.

I’m not sure what this is in reference too, but thank you. You’ve done way more than me in this one, I admire that. While making connections today I was invited to join some protesters in a stand off with a racist white mob and I didn’t have the courage for that one. Bless those people though. I offered to be a Good Samaritan if needed, thankfully for their sake that was not needed.

I was just thinking of a place to stick it that wasn’t a police department or prone to becoming a dictators brownshirts. I’m open to suggestions.

I agree with this and imo it’s changing the calculus of all of this in our favor. They can’t let us have our narrative and they can’t sell the looting and rioting angle if it’s not happening.

I keep seeing groups on tv kneeling or sitting still in a street as cops advance, and I find it gut wrenching to watch. I know the biggest win for the movement is abusive force being used, but I don’t want to see that happen to good people. But then I know those people are there sort of hoping to peacefully provoke that, so it’s this circular cycle of hoping the cops fuck up and panicking that the cops will fuck up and really I just want to hug those kids and tell them they rule, but there’s COVID-19 so really fuck 2020 and fuck the police.

Anyway, they either fuck up in one of these and we win a few news cycles or they don’t fuck up and we find out how long we can keep the news cycle… Cause if these peaceful protesters are just getting like $200 bench tickets and a few hours in jail I think the government is going to fuck around and find out that:

1. A lot of fucking people will go sit in streets for that.

2. A lot of other fucking people will donate to cover fines.

They are nearing the end of their window to kill a bunch of us and blame it on Antifa and rioters cause it’s increasingly obviously the peaceful ones left.

By the way I was thinking about one reason the government is so fucking hell bent on not yielding on this. So little policy talk from even Dems who support this reform. If 330M people figure out that like a few hundred thousand pissed off people can will their way to a policy victory by staring down tear gas, we’re going to have single payer about 6 months after this ends. And on and on.

2 Likes

This is what I love to read and hate to read, fuck. Because it is the absolute best among us and the most heroic who are willing to sit in front of the steamroller. They’re the people who deserve the steamroller the absolute very least.

1 Like

I’m lying in bed reading and watching all this go down feeling like a useless pussy. Seriously thinking about driving a few hours tomorrow and and trying to help somewhere

3 Likes

So they’re using jammers of some sort?

Well they aren’t most Democrats in office or any Republicans in office. The American public I think mostly supports our cause but is mostly sick of us causing inconvenience. So I guess in this context we need them to start using excessive force on totally peaceful protesters or we just end up being annoying to most people.

I already lost 2 of my 5 best friends in the past week over this and covid, both “liberal” so maybe I should be less optimistic than I was a couple posts up.

1 Like

Cops found their GTO line. Kneel, draw em in, shoot em. Tell the news someone threw a rock, nothing you could do.

2 Likes

I mean there’s no way they can uphold these arrests, right?

What if the outcome of this is thousands of lawsuits nationwide that cost our cities so much money they have to abolish the police cause they can’t pay them anymore? Have we considered this strategy?

Like you can sue for quite a bit for an unlawful arrest, right?

Counted 19 countries in Europe that either already had protests or are going to have them soon.

With so many people unemployed in America, people have plenty of time and huge incentives to protest.

3 Likes

Time for one of the wonderful billionaire philanthropists to pledge financial support for legal costs.

2 Likes

Not too much to add from my experience today just sort of keeping an eye on things. Police and media helicopters were circling. Saw a helicopter that looked military and checked a flight tracking software - it was National Guard. Tweeted it out. Then saw another one and checked, it was a Blackhawk. Couldn’t trace the registration to Natl Guard or Army or whatever so I don’t know, tweeted that too. Eventually the police helicopter descended on the protest and circled much lower, but they didn’t make arrests in that one, a smaller protest near me.

There was a white guy with an AR-15 open carrying and roaming the neighborhood. Can’t remember if I posted that here already or not. Nothing came off it. That scares me because I think tomorrow is going to be the day I go over there, but I don’t plan on staying out past the curfew.

Also read some stuff today about the Cessnas that are flying over, they are likely DEA or US Marshalls Service with dirtbox technology to track cellphones. Choose wisely regarding phone decisions. The source was a check mark on Twitter who’s a cyber security journalist.

This is terrifying. From a few months back, read the first few paragraphs in current context. Fuck. Trump just spoke to Putin, too, right?

Updated thread title, I think credit goes to @6ix if I recall correctly upthread. Seemed like a good title, and this seems so far beyond the initial murder now.

Might want to add this to your supply list.

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1268054695446118402

4 Likes

Of course this has been done. Not by suing however, but at the arrest and criminal trial stages. These are sometimes called “Jam the Jails” and “Legal Wrenching”.

Jam the Jails isn’t safe because of the pandemic, but the idea is to bankrupt the jails by overcrowding them. Famously used by the IWW free speech fights of the 1910s, and the Birmingham Bus Boycott of the 1960s (M.King: “the only way we’re going to break Birmingham is to fill the jails.”).

A form of Legal Wrenching is to fully contest every charge by insisting on all due process, including asking for a free lawyer, a separate jury trial, and not waiving the right to a speedy trial. Which would bankrupt the courts, besides being physically impossible (even without a raging pandemic). This opens the door to collectively bargaining with the so-called justice system on punishments. See: N30 Seattle 1999.

5 Likes