Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

Just a thought but maybe politicians should actually do something about racist cops and institutional racism instead of you know saying they disapprove of it.

Like I don’t know introduce legislation or some kind of action to increase punishment on cops that are convicted of murder.

1 Like

5’8 and never been over 135 + It’s impossible for me to put on weight, I eat a lot & being a taxi driver you know it’s not at all healthy food. :blush:

I would love to be like 135/140…probably under 130 atm as I’m probably the only person in lockdown who’s eating less. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I thought that at least 50% of on-duty cop deaths were traffic related.

I don’t think police presence is the deterrent you think it is.

That sounds right as well. Traffic stops on the highway are definitely the most dangerous part of their job.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1267107346783895558

Bill De Blasio keeps talking for some reason

1 Like

Yes tremendous restraint, they didn’t floor the gas when running over protestors

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is still the same to this day but our officers are encouraged to live in or around there beats/work area’s.

Buckle Up at the WH protesters are on the move…

Racism in America is like dust in the air. It seems invisible — even if you’re choking on it — until you let the sun in. Then you see it’s everywhere.

16 Likes

FRAMING MATTERS

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ModeledBehavior/status/1267176492984872960

11 Likes

It’s not half bad, actually. I wouldn’t recommend it, but it wasn’t terrible.

Man there are some good quotes from that old Rumsfeld piece about looting in Iraq:

“Simply putting police back on the street would not be an acceptable answer. In fact, when we entered the city, we found that there were police radios that we’d captured, and the police were calling for … indirect fire in support of the regime. So putting the police back on is not an easy solution for us,” he said.

“While no one condones looting, on the other hand, one can understand the pent-up feelings that may result from decades of repression and people who have had members of their family killed by that regime, for them to be taking their feelings out on that regime,” he said. “And I don’t think there’s anyone in any of those pictures … (who wouldn’t) accept it as part of the price of getting from a repressed regime to freedom.”

9 Likes

de Blasio: “There are always going to be some incidents we don’t like.”

That’s the starting point in this country right now, it’s just totally acceptable.

LOL

If you think about it though, literally everything Sherlock Holmes that wasn’t written by Doyle is “fan fic”, including all of the incredibly successful reboots, re-tellings, movies, TV shows, etc.

I think they count anything including heart attack for a guy who is at his desk.

I saw that a few times on different streams. Also saw a group of people using a mattress as a shield as the went up and down the street. Guessing there were rubber bullets flying.

omg thank you man, UP experience improved immeasurably.

Philadelphia is going under curfew at 6pm until 6am.

Center City is already completely closed from Vine to South Street (about 1.2 miles) from river to river (about 2-2.5 miles). Residents and business owners are allowed to walk around, that’s it. Business owners citywide are expected to finish boarding up and be gone/home by 5pm.

They’ve also closed down the Ben Franklin Bridge, one of the three bridges that go from Philly to NJ.

Closures tonight include grocery stores and pharmacies.