Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

Australia’s track record on deaths in custody is again under scrutiny, as Aboriginal people whose family members died in similar circumstances to George Floyd express solidarity with protestors on the streets of major US cities following the death of the unarmed black man.

The family of 26-year-old David Dungay, a Dunghutti man who said “I can’t breathe” 12 times before he died while being restrained by five prison guards, said they have been traumatised anew by the footage of Floyd’s death.

Dungay’s nephew, Paul Silva, said he has tried to watch the footage of the death of Floyd, who died after a police officer knelt on his neck and whose death has sparked protests across the US, but had to switch it off halfway.

“When I heard him say ‘I can’t breathe’ for the first time I had to stop it,” Silva said. “My thoughts really go out to the family and everyone on the streets in the USA. My solidarity is with them because I do know the pain they are feeling.

Dungay is one of at least 432 Aboriginal deaths in custody since the royal commission in 1991, the Guardian’s latest analysis shows. There have been at least five deaths since Guardian Australia updated its Deaths Inside project in August 2019, two of which have resulted in murder charges being laid.

3 Likes

St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Commissioner John W. Hayden said at a news conference that the four officers were near a police line when they felt pain and realized they were injured.

Yeah, i’ll go with they were maybe hit by an air gun or some shit and probably not even that.

…or a public prosecutor.

Also, I’d be very careful about information sent in PM here (or anywhere), not because of who admins are now but because of who they could be one day.

You’d be a lot safer setting up a WhatsApp group imo.

2 Likes

this entire thread might be considered something ‘criminal’ in the very near future.

3 Likes

Election cancelled and Discourse and other forums taken over by Feds/CIA for harbouring information relating to the T word. All passwords released to them.

Even if there’s only a slim chance of this happening, the consequences are as severe as you could possibly imagine.

3 Likes

I know, and I’m sure they’ll de-mask everyone too because fuck us.

I’m not looking forward to the experience whatsoever. I’m dreading it, if anything.

Most likely yes.

Thank you.

What I’m saying is, I think we’re pretty damn close to where me actually using my words to try to influence people is just as dangerous to me as me going to a protest.

I think there’s a short period of time to push back on that, after which point I plan to fall back into some sort of role that uses my communications skills and perhaps some support role, win or lose.

1 Like

That’d be awesome, thanks. I don’t plan on doing anything criminal, other than standing peacefully on a sidewalk saying “Black Lives Matter.”

I agree.

Gulp. How about former mods?

Guillotine pilot study.

1 Like

I’ve seen these shitheads try to build a wall. If they’re in the pilot phase I like my chances of the whole contraption falling over before they can get my head in there.

1 Like

Cool. Where are you?

Quiet night last night. Davenport PD did a good job imo.

Did find out that one of the fatal shootings last night was officer involved, so tonight could be interesting. To be fair the officer was returning fire and had been hit twice himself.

1 Like

Philly

1 Like

I’m a firefighter in the same city. It’s true. I’ll see if I can dig up pictures of the squad.

Btw I’m team abolish the police.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/cmsaf18/status/1267572332907954177

6 Likes

Here’s the headrest. He got two in the leg and another hit his weapon. That were “ambushed” in an alley. I suppose they could be lying, but the footage will be out eventually. I think the story is accurate.

Motherfucker, there is no “lean right” anymore at this point in time. The “lean right” crowd has elected Donald Trump, an actual authoritarian monster, and continues to support the Republican Party that is enabling his consolidation of power and destruction of our most important institutions. You are not “lean right” you are with them, full stop. In short, fuck you, gtfo.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri/status/1267537413695508480

The #Irish are always at the forefront against #racism & #discrimination.

Let’s not get crazy, now. Still nice to see.

10 Likes

Bog creatures don’t have the brain pan required to discern race. It’s a beautiful thing.

1 Like