Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

Yikes that Nevada Gaming Commission law that Polk references would have me pretty nervous if I was those guys.

NRS 465.075 Use or possession of device, software or hardware to obtain advantage at playing game prohibited. It is unlawful for any person to use, possess with the intent to use or assist another person in using or possessing with the intent to use any computerized, electronic, electrical or mechanical device, or any software or hardware, or any combination thereof, which is designed, constructed, altered or programmed to obtain an advantage at playing any game in a licensed gaming establishment or any game that is offered by a licensee or affiliate, including, without limitation, a device that:

1.  Projects the outcome of the game;

2.  Keeps track of cards played or cards prepared for play in the game;

3.  Analyzes the probability of the occurrence of an event relating to the game; or

4.  Analyzes the strategy for playing or betting to be used in the game,

Ɗ except as may be made available as part of an approved game or otherwise permitted by the Commission.

1 Like

When reading some tweets, he introduced DNegs as ā€œpoker bastard Daniel Negreanuā€

I still think this is a really bad trend with no actual solution but the video makes a pretty strong case this was obviously against the rules this year. That leaves the wsop as the main culprits here for both doing a very bad job letting people know the rules (announcing it once and not having it in the official rules) and a very bad job enforcing it even in the most obvious scenario.

I would bet tomoyo and his team could honestly claim they had no idea what they were doing was against the rules. They made no attempt to hide it. Dude with the sim was literally using the rail to rest his laptop. You couldnā€™t be more conspicuous.

The Donald Trump method of doing the crimes so openly that youā€™ll never get in trouble. Works every time.

2 Likes

i guess iā€™m just curious why the other guy didnā€™t just stop playing hands until the laptop went away.

like i canā€™t imagine that if he stood up and said he feels like heā€™s being cheated bc his opponent has a team of people and a computer analyzing every hand that it would take very long to get a solution. nobody wants that to be the story.

ā€œokay so every single hand iā€™m going to repeat my request that my opponent stop using a solver, and every time he calls the clock, iā€™m going to again remind the audience that iā€™m being cheated so the entire heads-up match becomes a discussion on using technology and a team to cheat.

and good luck airing that.ā€

2 Likes

The supreme court is considering the death penalty for Tomayo for treason

1 Like

Ya the whole thing is so odd. Feels like an utter fail top to bottom. How is Jack not watching this table like a hawk.

1 Like

the way Doug hums and haws around his own opinion is hilarious

Itā€™s his trademark

What does Vanessa have to do with this

3 Likes

Too many conflicting interests. Doug owns poker rooms, but still owns a training site. He cant say that a solver on rail probably isnt worth much in EV, cause he sells that shit too. He cant say it was worth too much, cause they are using a competitor IP. He cant say its fine because he doesnt want it in his poker rooms.

1 Like

Polk going live with the main event runner up in a hour.

He is such a spotlight whore you almost have to respect it.

1 Like

I totally respect it

Who else could actually 1) get the runner up and 2) not do a Joey Ingram where they spend the entire time begging the guest to not say anything mean

1 Like

We can just outlaw trips to the rail. Its fucking bonkers to me that when two people are all in and the board is running out for millions of dollars neither of them is anywhere close to the table.

2 Likes

Again how would this possibly work with 500 tables running at the same time.

Im talking specifically for any televised table.

1 Like

What is the point of a rule that only applies then. Ok to use sims until final table and only if itā€™s televised?

Nope, Im just thinking specifically of my enjoyment as a spectator.

Sit your ass down and play.

1 Like

Is there anything that explicitly says the tournament viewing area is part of the actual tournament area? I donā€™t think the WSOP quite understood the idea of someone else using solvers and sharing that info with a player in the tournament. It would be a mistake if they continue to not understand for whatever reason.