Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

4 of his last 5 bracelets came in 5k and 10k events. I don’t think he has any experience playing Big O and probably very little experience playing PLO8.

On the old, old site they are discussing it here

Starting at post 976. The general consensus is that you are correct and I’m wrong.

I also think the ruling is fine. What would the point be of him raising a limper and then turbo mocking his cards when everyone else folds before the limper can even act?

It’s only a potential issue if the purpose is to chip dump to the limper.

Id rule it that way and feel fairly fine about it.

Maria Ho about to final table $10k HORSE with big stack. That would be an awesome win to see.

1 Like

Isildur 1/9 in the 100k. His triumphant return is the best story so far

3 Likes

lol a friend of mine sends me a pic of an old guy to his left in the 3k nlh says “this guy playing like a gangstar”. It’s John Smith the hu legend

2 Likes

Yeah, the first hand is ICM suicide. Should have just called the 3bet rather than jamming it in. The mentality of just picking a hand and going with it pre-flop is bad. Playing big pre-flop pots with one-way hands is usually a mistake.

The other hand wasn’t bad. The commentary was correct about it being a good spot to make a move. I’ve pulled this sort of move off before. You generally can consider it with a hand that has strong backdoor potential against someone capable of weak-tight play who doesn’t have too passive of a value-betting range.

I’ve only watched to that point.

In general, I’d say the commentary has been useful for people who want to learn these games. There are some good basic tidbits. You shouldn’t really be playing too many hands without an ace. It’s ok to open-limp. You shouldn’t be three-betting pre a lot in big bet games where hand equities run together.

My knowledge is way out of date, like 10+ years, but I thought that this was considered wrong in games like PLO? I remember them being incredibly 3bet heavy for anyone in position. Man I need to play poker again

In cash yes, tournaments less so.

Oh duh, that makes sense

It’s not like you never 3bet in PLO, but you do it less than you are supposed to in a game like NLHE.

In theory you may want to 3bet to take down a pot preflop or to isolate a weak player, but they’re just less likely to fold to a 3bet and (especially in tournaments) more likely to be opening with a tighter range while it’s more reasonable for players behind you to have a 3bet cold-calling range.

If you understand how to play at least somewhat balanced, you can exploit players who use unbalanced over-aggression and can’t adjust.

I’m catching Isildurfever, it feels like it’s 2009 all over again!

2 Likes

Watching isildur interview on pokergo and i think ive never actually heard him speak

Guy I play with is HU for breclet now

Fuck second. Shitty.

Jfc, right wing ass dnegs is just the fucking worst

https://x.com/NormanChad/status/1803913159365038151

https://x.com/NormanChad/status/1803956213480329317

1 Like

Winner is a prolific 2p2er. DeathDonkey iirc

2 Likes

Yes, Chris Vitch is DeathDonkey