Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

Ah, the ole Nick Rainey play

The last two hands in this are so lol

On the quads hand, Hachem checking behind makes sense because he loses to a bare ace. But not getting it in on the turn is super lol.

Pisses me off because we missed the one-outer mania.

2 Likes

What in the hell is going on with these baseball cards?

He does this all the time. It’s his thing.

Siedel has been 55 for 40 years.

4 Likes

STOP CHECKING MULTIPLE FUCKING MONSTERS AROUND EVERY TIME WE WANT ACTION GAHHHHHHHHHHHH

JFC STOP CALLING WITH THE FUCKING NUTS

QWO*U#$E)@Q#$)_!@#$_)Q$E

I’m now convinced that for the rest of these day 1s, whenever 2 or more players all have monsters they’ll barely get any of their stacks in the middle.

What if they’re trying to play correctly rather than for your enjoyment?

AQ raises from MP, AQ calls from SB, JJ calls from BB.

Flop AhQdJh, checks around

Turn 8d, SB bets small, everyone calls

River 8c, SB bets small, BB fucking calls with the effective nuts, MP calls

I might have the details a bit off, PokerGo won’t let me rewind. But you get the gist.

Arguably, BB should be going for the overcall there while hoping MP squeezes the river.

What do you think SB and MP non-folding ranges are against a raise?

No idea but it’s the first day of the main, they have top2, and they’re not worried about an 8. No flushes or straights. Someone would look him up.

No reason to think MP would squeeze given the passivity of the hand and table in general.

What are you scared of - QQ and AA? Monsters under the bed.

This feature table is horrible. Everyone just trying to make it to day 2 with a starting stack. I hope they switch it at the dinner break.

Why wouldn’t you be worried about 8x if you have AQ?

It’s a multi-way pot. A raise should be polarized between hands that beat AQ and bluffs and it sounds like this is a table which will under-bluff in this spot. If MP would raise with a straight and fold a straight to a raise, I think BB is better off just calling.

You’re just being contrarian. Who cares what the other hands are worried about? You have the effective nuts.

MP is a passive turd like everyone at the table. Nothing about the flop or turn suggests he was doing anything except trying to get to showdown.

FWIW the announcers were also shocked he never put in a raise.

It’s a multiway pot. Sometimes, going for the overcall with the nuts is better than raising. I don’t have enough info to know if that’s the right play, but it absolutely has to be one of the options you consider because sometimes it’s the right play.

Are you also complaining that BB didn’t 3bet with JJ preflop?

I might have preflop wrong. I can’t rewind. I just remember the betting on the turn and river started with one of the AQs and JJ was second (wherever he was). He may have raised from EP and gotten called from LP and a blind.

I don’t give a shit what nth-level strategy they need to be on, I’m tired of flops with multiple monsters that check/bet-small around for 3 streets. It’s fucking annoying when the poker is already extremely boring and we finally get a big flop and still nothing happens.

Get the money in. Kiddie table down the street.

FINALLY A GOOD CALL JFC

I feel like I was edging for the last 2 hours and finally released.

Seidel of course says he would have turbo-folded.

Last hand before break:

AQ raises, QcJd calls, J6s calls.

Flop Jc8c6c - QcJd bets 1k chips into 6k pot, J6 calls, AQ folds

Turn Kc - checks around

River 5h - checks around

I hate to break it to you but good poker is usually boring and a streamed cash game with a lot of big all-ins is a clown show.

1 Like

https://x.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1809048702151242151

Believe it or not, this isn’t the first time I’ve watched the WSOP. This is however the most boring feature table I’ve ever watched. Thankfully there will be a new one after the dinner break.