Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

No flushes.

https://x.com/PokerNews/status/1808625919164080628

1 Like

Makes sense if you think JJ and AA usually reraise PF.

Yeah normally you can discount AA and JJ a lot but I think you have to include them in the range on the first hand of the main. Itā€™s not your regular daily donkament.

If thereā€™s ever a time to be a nit, itā€™s when someone donk bets big on the river first hand of the main after big action on the flop and turnā€¦ Shoving there canā€™t be good.

Just once in my life Iā€™d like to get shoved into with quads.

I did get a royal over quad aces in a SNG once. Finished second.

2 Likes

My guess is that being willing to pay off with a straight has some correlation with being willing to flat with AA/JJ pre.

I am never going broke hand one in main with less than quads over quads.

2 Likes

Itā€™s happened to me twice.

Once was a super agro player who thought I just had an overpair and tried to run a stone bluff when the final board had several boat/flush/straight possibilities

Second time they made a huge 3 bet jam on the turn. I almost beat them into the pot. They turned over an open ended straight flush drawā€¦ I held

2 Likes

What the hell just happened?

I once flopped 2nd set under top set on the first hand of the main event. The other guy won like 10bb off of me.

I canā€™t remember exactly how the action went, I think it was in 2014. I had TT, they reraised JJ. They checked behind JTx flop. The turn was a Q. They bet small turn and small river and I called down.

1 Like

Did you have a FH vs quads and go check check on the river?

I have not played a single hand of poker since the 2021 WSOP Main Event. I really need to get back into shape before next years WSOP. I miss it a little.

I was also missing poker a bit so I put some money on ACR and so far am running 600 bbs below EV over 2k hands and it reminded me of why I quit playing.

11 Likes

Was playing some for fun HU against my nephew. He hardly knew what he was doing. Fucking 5th hand he had A7 versus my 22 on a 772 flop. Talk about introducing my nephew to a fucking cooler as he was just starting

2 Likes

I enjoy the occasional $150-400-ish tournament.

When terrible cash game players or even a shit reg i play with a lot makes a deep run it absolutely tilts me. If itā€™s some person that only plays low buy in tournaments majority of the time and I just have had to make small talk at the same cardroom as them and I see they make a deep run itā€™s the worst. If they win it sends me lawnmower into orbit. I might be a hater but man I hate donkaments. Wsop is the worst

2 Likes

Barby gonna final table this thing.

A first hand bustout on day1b. They just get more and more ridiculous.

lol at that river shove.

2 Likes

Maybe he just sold 150% of himself, and needed to get out.

3 Likes

On the bright side we have evidence that some players are willing to jam the river and get 300 blinds in there on the first hand without the nuts!

Their opponents had the nuts

1 Like