Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Not so much online, but quite a few new young players I’ve noticed in the good live scenes in Texas, and especially in Florida

1 Like

Yah, they probably just need a catalyst to get back into it, like the rooms that have popped up all over Texas. I think legal nationwide poker w/ads running all the time would be massive for the online game.

Not that it matters but Moneymaker’s satty ride was 86$>650$>10000$

This.

3 Likes

Totally agree the hole card cam was by far the most important. Try watching an early wsop before hole cam. It’s unwatchable.

1 Like

I used to watch the WSOP when I was a kid in the early 80s when ESPN was just starting out and they couldn’t afford any programing bigger then Australian Rules Football and the highland games. I remember Dick Van Patton and his co-host would just speculate helplessly about what the hands were - “Maybe he has a pair of eights - or maybe a jack and a nine. Who knows!” Anyway, I thought it was great.

PokerGo has most of those available. I watched a few of the older ones, it’s funny to see how people played back then and the level of coverage the event got. Plus the whole time-capsule aspect of the fashions and the smoking at the table and the celebrity hosts being, like, Curt Gowdy.

It’s hard for me to separate one from the other-- the hole cam card was obviously very important, but I think Moneymaker getting in on an online satellite and winning really put the idea in ordinary people’s heads that they could do it, too. And, of course, the guy’s name would be considered too ridiculous and obvious if you wrote it like that in a movie.

Aside, I read that history of the 2003 WSOP from a few years back, and I thought it was funny how Moneymaker talked about his divorce. Not ha-ha funny, but just that he had a clarity and perspective on it you don’t usually find on such a touchy subject. He was just like “Yeah, my wife thought she was marrying an accountant, not a guy who’d be traveling the world playing poker, so I don’t blame her.”

Oh, I agree. TV/hole card cam, Moneymaker, and internet are all tied together and they can’t really be separated.

1 Like

And most of the sites were relatively new, thus were fighting for customers and giving away just tons of free money in bonuses/referrals.

2 Likes

Ignition/Bovada have been down for ~24 hours and a few on 22 think it’s part of their exit strategy. Crappy site regardless of their fate.

I got paid out a non negligible amount in less than 10 hours a couple of days ago. I don’t see any reason they would exit unless they are getting DoJ pressure.

Bovada twitter page says they’ve identified the issue and it’s taking longer than expected to fix. I haven’t tried to withdraw because I’m in a state where online poker is illegal and am only playing to try to stay sharp while I’m avoiding live venues. Also only up a few hundo playing micro stakes, so not much to lose if the site goes TU.

@skydiver8

https://twitter.com/NadyaKGB/status/1471926317901770752

1 Like

My Tivo started recording the 2004 WSOP, so I didn’t even know about Moneymaker until later.

No idea about the history, but I play on party poker and see that sn on my tourney tables on occasion. Or it might be gg, can’t remember. Those are the only 2 sites I play and I def recognise the sn.

She has been a streamer forever, didn’t love her personality nor play myself.

With 3 women on the Hustler stream tonight, the sexual innuendo, jokes, and discussion are flying, led of course, by Lynne and Kym, with an assist from Francisco and Nick

the Stars Twitch stream reruns the Big Game a fair bit so i’ve seen this lol.

last night they had the loose cannon who won the thing by doubling up twice in like the last 20 hands.

1 Like

It’s a great hand. I happened to watch it again last week as somebody linked it recently somewhere.

1 Like