Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Man Aldemir earned that.

Holmes confirmed clicking some buttons.

George liked to bluff big but then tended to underbet his big hands. Very unlikely he shoves a straight there at the end.

you think he was knowingly bluffing with KQ there? if your conclusion is that he is unlikely to value bet, do you fold Kx in aldemir’s shoes?

i mean i have no idea what he was thinking, but it’s also not easy playing against a guy who might click buttons like that

GG. I was surprised Aldemir checked the river, but yeah gotta call that. But I was pleasantly surprised how entertaining that was

No I don’t think George was bluffing. I think he thought he had the best hand when Aldemir checked, and put Aldemir on a bluff-catcher that he might call with like a bare ten or a worse king. But that made no sense given the action of the hand.

George played amazing throughout the hands I saw - way better than I would have. It’s just easier to diagnose one misplayed hand when you can see the hole cards.

But he did have a problem of underbetting his monsters. And I think Aldemir picked up on that. If George had shoved a few monsters, Aldemir might have been more scared of KT or QJ.

yeah but that just makes george’s shove better. i mean i don’t think it was good, i’m not sure tbh, but the reasoning of koray picked up on him underbetting his value hands is only more reasons to bet his tpgk big there

I think just psychologically if I was playing against George after watching everything I saw, I’d assume he bets half pot with QJ there. I know that doesn’t make a ton of sense given he shoved KQ. But it just seems like he desperately wanted his monster hands to be called.

I bet Artemir thought it was a missed draw bluff and was probably shocked to see KQ.

George could also have two pair with a K with that line I think, I agree that his tendency to underbet with his monsters got him for sure called rather than who knows as whether true or not we all thought QJ wouldn’t be in the range.

Would take George over everyone criticizing him in here btw, he did get 213th two years ago, maybe he just hit on a strategy that works for giant MTT’s but many players aren’t strong HU for obvious reasons of how rare they get into those situations and George wasn’t overmatched all that much even vs a high roller player.

George might’ve thought he would get called lighter also knowing that, it’s not impossible he became self aware about it but we don’t know.

I think George played amazing. He played a reckless style that really befuddled the pros. He picked his spots well to get crazy, and there was certainly some luck in that. But he also made some really good lay downs.

But you have to get lucky to go deep in any tournament. As a rec player, if you realize that playing reckless is a lot better strategy for you than getting small-balled to death by GTO bots, and you have the guts to do it, then that is a solid strategy in itself.

Maybe he read Kill Phil. In a lot of spots the best way to negate the skill edge is to shove and make sure you see all five cards. Pros hate putting their life on the line like that.

2 Likes

This should go into the lol journalism thread too. The headline is on the front page but clearly no one could even bother.

I’m so out of the loop with poker that I had to scroll down 260 names on thehendonmob.com to find one I could recognize from the ME.

Everybody above Moneymaker was a nobody to me

The most important hand he mentions is the one with my friend.

1 Like

Probably very close with Jacobson, I’d take Jacobsons side though.

What am I missing here?

1 Like

It’s 4 sentences long. No pic. They identify Holmes as an American but not the champ. It’s feeble imo

1 Like

Norm is getting destroyed on twitter today for his constant complaining about pace of play yesterday. I had it on mute most of the time so don’t know how bad it was (the complaining, I didn’t think the tanking was bad yesterday).

I get it, but I mean there’s no way I could ever watch that stream by itself without something else going on.

Yep he is normally awful. Yesterday he was absolutely inexcusably terrible in every way. I had to mute. He is a total moron.

He was complaining when someone took 2 minutes HU playing for $4m. He shouldn’t be allowed to commentate. He is an embarrassment. Random person pulled from the field knows more about poker than he does.

1 Like

speaking of things broken with poker tournaments, the late reg / no one showing at the start is also very stupid.

Currently the 250k super high roller tournament has 6 players.

1 Like

there were only a few I knew so don’t feel so out of the loop, this is just poker, super high turnover.

Ya that is dumb.