Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Yea that for sure looks like a pretty basic false shuffle. Sleight of hand magicians use that technique cause it’s easy, but I would expect better from a mechanic trying to cheat. Wonder how long they got away with it.

Deeb says multiple dealers were cheating. What percentage of typical poker dealers have the skill to be a mechanic?

Years ago a dealer here got caught after setting the deck for the bad beat several times.

Any competent dealer could do a false riffle shuffle if they were taught how. Honestly anybody with the slightest hand dexterity could. The “mechanic” in the video had some pretty bad form for a professional dealer and still managed to do it for some time apparently.

A proper hand shuffle should consist of gathering the cards face down on the table (with a small wash as you do so), squaring them with the faces pointing away from you, a combination of three corner riffles and a deck strip (riffle, riffle, strip, riffle, for example), and then a one handed cut with the other hand palm open facing up ready to receivethe shuffled deck. If a dealer follows that procedure they’d have to be pretty skilled to set the deck, as once all the cards are face down after killing the previous hand the dealer should never see any of the card faces again.

The video in question starts a little later than we need it to to know for sure what the dealer did, but the deck handling he does in the beginning should just never, ever be seen by a good dealer. If you watch the riffles closely you can see he clearly passes one stack through the other to maintin the order. And then that two handed cut at the end makes me cringe so bad.

1 Like

What about this one?

https://twitter.com/CoachRosa4/status/1785744361025687820?t=VBwR075JxYVLW3t0Hh8_xA&s=19

Definitely smoother and faster, but using a pretty shitty technique seeing as the riffle clearly isn’t riffling. Wtf is going on in Texas?

Eta: watched that again and its just so egregiously bad. It’s also just super shitty form to begin with. Players should never be able to see faces of cards during the riffle.

The cut at the end looked standard enough

He likely kept a pinky break in the deck to cut it where he had it stacked. That part was at least done smoothly.

Interesting format, cash game with progressive bounties for winning consecutive hands.

HCL last night got nutty at the end. Mariano all in with like A5s vs A7o pre vs Action Dan. Jungle ships 80k with KJo. Rampage kept punting early and left after busting. The tourist at the table was complaining “you guys have no respect for money”. A pretty good line up considering HCL has been pretty downhill as of late.

The viewers also got to see Jungleman struggling to not slip into unconsciousness.

1 Like

The sun run is ending? I’m not shocked.

we did it.

Good for him. He seems like a legit good dude. I played with him once and he was tons of fun.

Apparently they are making new episodes of The Big Game. You know the poker show where Pokerstars backs a “Loose Cannon”

I’ve watched the first episode and

I’m not sure having Keating whale-ing around is good for the show in this format. It changes the dynamic a lot. In fact I would say the table in general is too whaley.

It’s more interesting show when the loose canon is testing their skill against a table of mostly pros. Instead now it’s a test to see if you can’t get unlucky against a whale 100% VPIPing. He does have the potential to put the Canon is weird spots though. Most of the time having a Keating type player is fun for TV and the game but not here in my opinion.

I found it bit amusing when Tilly was calling Lex a super pro when all he did was make a couple of hands and let the whales whale their money.

Also I was immediately routing against the loose canon when the “interesting” thing about her is that she has a dating advice and conspiracy theory podcast.

I’ll still continue watching though.

edit: Just started to read the comments on youtube and
it seems like a lot of people have the same thoughts I do.

2 Likes
1 Like

Another final for moneymaker

1 Like

I’ve been playing in a private, online 2/4 PLO game with no rake as a tuneup for my WSOP trip next month.

Through 6 sessions, I’m currently up over $8,300.

…I have no IRL friends or family I can tell about this, just the strangers on the internet that have been my little community.

I’m soooo pumped for my Vegas trip in a few weeks! Now I have the ammo to do some real damage.

23 Likes