Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Michael is also a bad choice for ft% shootout. He’s a good ft shooter, but that’s about it. Ronaldo is probably among the best PK kickers in the world.

a 3p shootout with steph would have been more interesting to rank

Hahaha I assumed they meant GT as in driving actual cars in a race, not playing the sim itself… lol me if they actually intended it to be the game

2 Likes

This reminds me of that Pros vs Joe’s TV show where regular guys went up against retired athletes. Most of the pros were never huge stars but they did have Randy Couture on once, and I remember thinking how I would not have passed on the chance to get on the mat with him even though it would have been the worst choice for winning the game (and he would have killed me obv).

If the money wasn’t an issue, I’d wanna play against Brady or Tiger.

I know I’m like the only bowler on the board, but one of the cool things about bowling is that you occasionally get to bowl against a real pro. A couple ex-touring pros live in my area, and I occasionally get to bowl them in league play. Once in a while I will beat them for a game, but over the long term its definitely a no-go. They are next level for sure. Still, its fun to play against them.

off topic, but how is bowling during the pandemic? I haven’t played in like 2 years cause i’m not going to stick my fingers into a house ball now (i know that’s not relevant to you) but i was wondering how the business survived.

i miss it a lot. probably the only sport i could get reasonably good at

Would MJ even shoot 80% FTs these days?

Timex went from the worst shooting form ever to hitting 90/100 to win 200k or so in a prop bet.

I think most people could get to the point where they have quite a bit of equity given enough time to practice.

A little off topic, but not that much since bowlers play a form of poker during league play sometimes. They draw a card when they get a spare or strike and try to make the best hand.

But the industry was hurt pretty badly I suspect by the pandemic. My leagues shut down in the spring of 2020, about 9 weeks before they were scheduled to end. One of the four centers in my area closed entirely but reopened recently under new ownership. Most of the centers tried hard to comply with mask guidelines, but I’m in Florida and eventually the anti-mask faction kind of won the war, and now I don’t know of any center where masks are required.

Leagues are going again, and though I still try to mask up, I’m in the minority and will confess to pulling my mask down to shoot sometimes. It feels like its a bit risky, but I’m fully vaccinated, and I can’t close myself in entirely.

The National Tourney in Vegas had a mask requirement this year, but it remains to be seen if that will be the case next year. It was completely canceled in 2020, probably at a huge loss to those involved. I’m seeing a lot of “Go Bowling” commercials on CNN lately. So the biz definitely got hurt. I guess time will tell how badly.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. MJ is enough of a competitive sociopath that he would make sure the ball feels like a hundred pound boulder in your hands on every shot. His mission would be to drain your bank account and leave you in tears afterward.

Saw Gretzky play at the veterans game 4 years ago and he was laboring. He also retired before shootouts were common.

LOL at MJ. Real challenge would be beating Greeeeeaaaaaarrr in a free throw contest.

1 Like

I’m in a candlepin league. This year we have 20 teams which is the most teams we’ve had in the 15 or so years I’ve been bowling.

I’m also one of like five masked people in the entire place

1 Like

Yah that’s also what I was thinking. Draining 90% alone in a gym is 1 thing, but with MJ talking shit and a cool milly on the line is another.

Lol at beating someone at a video game being harder then beating Serena Williams at the actual game of tennis. I’d rather take my chances at the HR derby.

So is top golf. Very real chance Tiger has never played it and a random 30 year old dude is basically a flip.

He obv didn’t realize its a video game (neither did i)

TopGolf isn’t a video game (you’re hitting real balls at real targets)

Lol at thinking Tiger can’t figure out the optimal targets for strategy, and once that happens it’s basically him hitting stock wedges in a 40 foot circle.

1 Like

Oh, it’s the green screen kind of one? Thought it was the video game with the ball spin.

TopGolf is an actual driving range with targets.

The ones where you hit into a net are basically just called golf simulators.

The video game with the trackball is Golden Tee.

3 Likes

The difference between the average club pro and Tiger is insurmountable and y’all going to take him down? LOL

1 Like

Maybe. Has his leg with multiple fractures healed yet?

1 Like