Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

I will never understand these famous people deciding to beef on Twitter. It’s the very definition of lose lose. Everyone always comes out looking badly.

Other thing I cannot understand is not paying a poker debt. It’s literally rule number one. Frankly, lending money in poker is pretty idiotic. People who are owned tons share a large part of the blame imo.

Dwan bought shares of Jetten in a super high roller and didnt pay for them.

He worked for Bob placing bets for him for a freeroll.

He played Jungle hu and didnt pay the sidebet.

He’s not exactly borrowing money. More like never paying his end of deals. Kinda the same but not exactly

1 Like

Jetten is trying to warn people not to do business with a scammer after years and years and years of not getting paid. Since suing over a gambling debt is not really an option his options are pretty much limited to

a) hiring someone to physically harm Dwan to get him to pay
b) go public on twitter about the debt and warn people not to do business with a scammer
c) stay quiet and continue to let Tom scam other people

option b seems like the least bad choice

2 Likes

What’s a more compelling piece of evidence?

A. People who play poker with you not referring to you as a fish

B. A decade of playing in the softest games on the planet and not having enough money to pay off debts to multiple people

2 Likes

He never seems broke though. None of us can tell for sure, but i think he just dont wanna pay things and convinces himself hes in the right.

Wasn’t there a 2p2 thread where Dwan tries to argue with Ike about whether he can beat someone who’s playing GTO?

Yes. And ike told him he’s either claiming there is no tallest man in the world or that he’s taller than the tallest man in the world.

Ive used that sentence quite a bit since

1 Like

This is silly and you know it. You have zero evidence on the second part of your logic chain. It’s pure speculation. You have no idea how soft the games, how much he plays, if he wins or loses, how much, or if he is just a jerk who has mountains of money and just doesn’t want to pay.

Not sure why you are so willing to die in the hill of him being a fish.

You don’t know what the definition of “evidence” is. Moreover by your standard you have 0 evidence as well so why are you dying on this hill?

Edit in response to your edits: Of course no one knows for sure. People here are speculating for good reason and you’re the one that’s making a firm declaration.

I’m not the one who doesn’t understand evidence.

Anyway. Carry on.

Sure man, 99% of people who stiff others do so because they’re broke, but that doesn’t count as evidence apparently to suggest he’s not just rich and ruining his reputation for no reason.

This is silly argument and I have no ill will towards you at all.

That said, seems to me the vast majority of people who stiff people do so because they are jerks. They almost always can pay, no? In fact, aren’t rich people super famous for stiffing people all the time.

What percentage of poker players who stiff people are able to pay?

1 Like

No ill will towards you either, just funny how you become super convinced about certain topics without allowing room for debate.

I would say that for the most part, like in the case of Trump or Elon, when rich people repeatedly stiff others it’s a consequence of them having a lot less money than they appear.

I would I guess the vast majority. How many stories do we have of people binking some tournament and still not paying.

People don’t pay because they don’t want to. I would guess a very small percentage don’t pay because doing so would make them homeless.

Let’s modify that to able to pay and remain reasonably bankrolled for their current level of play.

I get triggered when a debate about someone instantly devolves to “everything about the person must be bad”. Seemed reasonable to me to debate dwans character based on the tweets. I didn’t, and still don’t, see how they make any claim to his skill as a player given the counter evidence.

He can be both a good player and an asshole. This seems like the most likely reality by far to me.

This is like saying I won’t pay my car loan because it would make me move into a small condo.

This is 100% a choice to not pay.

3 Likes

Because its been 5-10 years, you know you have a 1% chance of seeing the 6 figures youre owed so why keep it nice/private.

Tom is pretty clearly broke but through friends or name recognition could get loaned millions at any time imo.