On the morality of doxxing shitty cops using violence against innocent civilians

I thought doxing was different than identifying. Maybe I don’t know what it means. I have a hard time keeping up on this forum.

The whole argument is dumb. Posting the guy’s details to Unstuck does LITERALLY zero good. It’s already other places. Think about what the pragmatic thing to do is, not just what feels righteous. Stay focused.

5 Likes

I thought doxxing was dick to dick

2 Likes

Geez maybe if they were wearing their nameplates and shit we could identify them from videos alone.

1 Like

Like it literally means identifying. At least in some states all public employees are part of the public record, so anyone can look them up. Once you have a name it is trivial to find their address and phone number. Especially if said public employee has a public LinkedIn profile.

Docking.

1 Like

Oh, please. You think I have ever in my professional career published the home address and telephone number of a person charged with or convicted of a crime? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

1 Like

I do ask the same questions about the police.

The cops are purposefully hiding their identity which they normally have readily available and visible.

3 Likes

Naaw just their name and picture (mug shot). Fuck you dude. You are talking like adding an address is some gigantic leap forward in aggression. It’s literally two minutes of internet searching.

3 Likes

Mental gymnastics? Did you see the post? It was home address and telephone numbers. That’s dangerous on so many fucking levels. FIrst of all, you don’t actually know who fucking lives there or if it is even the person you think it is. And that’s only the first level of problems there.

1 Like

Yes that’s true generally, although the internet IDed the Buffalo cop from the name on his uniform

1 Like

Lol shit

1 Like

lol all the local newspapers post name, age, and picture of every person arrested (not even charged with a crime) all the time even if they are left off. After that it’s always searchable on google even when your not guilty

1 Like

cops literally bludgeoning peaceful protesters in the streets

that wasn’t even the first video of a cop knocking over an elderly person I’ve seen this week

I agree with the “make sure it’s the right guy”, but if it’s the right guy, fuck him

4 Likes

I guess I thought doxing was putting up the address and identifying would be just putting the name up there.

The news says the officers name was X.

Doxing would be people saying here is where X lives.

Yeah it’s dumb arguing about it because it should have been no big deal.

Then let someone else fucking do it. Nothing has ever gone wrong with the internet trying to identify people has it? Doxxing people is wrong regardless of who the person is. Lots of people itt went crazy about calling the police on people of color, how the fuck is this any different?

2 Likes

You and your coworkers are responsible for this kind of thing aren’t you?

I feel the same. I mostly lurk and never posted much on 2+2. I followed you guys over here because there was a bunch of really good posters and smart people. Last couple days feel like this thread has turned into something else.

4 Likes