On the morality of doxxing shitty cops using violence against innocent civilians

I’m not fucking advocating doxxing people! Whatever, this place is becoming the left -wing 8chan. Just please take my name off of it is all I ask.

1 Like

@ jman is right here. We’re what, ~100 ex-poker players chatting on the interwebs. It’s enough to say “ZOMG dude got doxxed” and link to a source. Nobody here needs to know the details (I would sure damn hope). It doesn’t matter that the real cops in real life ruin peeps lives by perp walking/etc. Two wrongs/etc. Let’s be better.

5 Likes

If you play by asymmetric rules you’re gonna lose every time. This cop was willing to kill for what he believed in.

2 Likes

I would feel different if it was confirmed, although even then as a Mod I don’t need the hassle.

2 Likes

This too. The sheer fucking arrogance right now. We’re not talking about debate on the internet. We’re talking about something that could have deadly fucking consequences for an innocent person.

I either missed some posts because the forum got broken after all the “cops” posts got moved, or you’re being overly dramatic.

But I’m honestly not all that concerned with cops being incorrectly “profiled”. Maybe it will be good for them to learn what it feels like. And unlike black men, they are pretty unlikely to end up dead over it.

Wasn’t the post flagged what are we yelling about?

I have no idea what you are even talking about with your “letting the system work” comment. I’m just saying you can’t fucking doxx people based upon your super internet detective skills. You want to do something, go out and join those marches, great, but not this. This is not something that I will be a part of and I’m sure I’m not the only one on the forum who feels that way.

2 Likes

Good point. It was flagged so no one can see it…oh wait.

I’m long past the point where I wouldn’t give a damn if every cop in every department that attacked protesters had their names addresses and phone numbers posted on the web.

3 Likes

Seriously I don’t give two fucks about any cops. They are basically all guilty as far as I’m concerned. Fuck em.

5 Likes

Is this the same motherfucker who predicted nuclear war because of Covid and bragged about it within the last week?

Pretty sure he hears the helicopters and is panicking.

3 Likes

@j8i3h289dn3x7 - you were a prosecutor. What was your involvement in making personal information publicly available on people arrested, charged or convicted? Did you throw a fit at the police when they doxxed people?

6 Likes

Consider the possibility that I am wrong and that failure of a poker player forum to doxx this person could have severe real world consequences?

That was me who mentioned that. And if you don’t remember that whole situation from 2+2 and Travyon Martin and your horrible posting then I’m disappointed in you. I thought you had grown since then.

1 Like

Boo hoo who gives a fuck? In the context of this thread who gives a fuck?

Pretty sure it’s deleted and no one can see it

I’m not even endorsing the doxxing. People should be somewhat sure it’s the right person - it’s happened where the name was completely wrong and it had an impact on someone who wasn’t there at all.

But, @j8i3h289dn3x7 should come clean on any doxxing he was paid to participate in or accepted from his coworkers as a prosecutor. A professional doxxer throwing a fit about doxxing is not tolerable.

12 Likes

I wonder how deeply the pro doxing crowd has thought about their positions.

Let’s say you are accurate 100% of the time but a neighbor or family member gets killed during a confrontation is that just part of doing business?

Let’s say your accurate 99% of the time and the 1% someone’s live is ruined or the wrong person is killed is that just part of doing business?

Is the argument really they are bad so we can be bad too?

Yes? Until they improve I think the answer is yes.

1 Like