**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Actually one of my fears is I’ll die in an unfortunate accident and I’ll have an outstanding prop bet on here that I can’t pay off, and there will be no one to explain.

Hobbes was essentially an open book with his identity, so I’m sure it would be easy to track him down if someone was so inclined.

I just checked as well and saw nothing. Assuming I’ve got the right name, which I’m about 95% sure of in the 3 min I spent.

2 Likes

Speaking of prop bets, is it you I owe for Trump unfortunately not dying from the Rona? I know I bet somebody but I can’t find the posts.

https://legacy.pressdemocrat.com/news/2492106-181/reno-reels-from-3-deadly

Sadly, we’re pretty much sure this is hobbes. I plan to reach out to Christine with my little story about the time I wasn’t sure if I needed stitches and hobbes came to my rescue. But I’m not sober atm so that will wait until tomorrow at least.

I feel reasonably sure there’s no chance hobbes would mind us revealing how much he touched us here and 2p2. And I know one thing that always means a great deal to grieving friends and family is stories of their loved ones.

I’d love to do something nice wrt to compiling any other hobbes stories we have. I’m willing to be the point person and contribute in any way I can. I’m very open to ideas. Also I’m not sure if something should be posted on 2p2.

RIP hobbes
MM MD

50 Likes

Yeah, is it ok to out people? Hobbes is easy to find.

Edit: Yeah, that’s him. :frowning_face:

I think hobbes was the oldest poster on unstuck by 10 years? And he was just getting ready to retire. So heartbreaking.

5 Likes

That’s sad news. He was always generous to us online. Even the best of us can be dicks sometimes. I don’t remember any instance like that from him. Damn.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s me. You’ve still got about 4 days or so and you win with death by any cause. So, you’re still drawing live. I’ll PM you to settle either way.

1 Like

Got it.

I was pretty gutted when he first gave his diagnosis. That cancer is deadly AF and I’ve known two people who have succumbed to it in the recent past. They were both super nice people just like hobbes.

Even though I was mentally prepared, actually seeing it come to pass is still depressing.

8 Likes

Well fucketty fuck fuck

5 Likes

RIP Hobbes. Gone but not forgotten.

7 Likes

This. I am not really good at “recoginizing” names and avatars or assigning the relevant “backstories”, so when I first became “aware” of hobbes, I thought he was renodoc, which made me very confused, as his persona was so different.

Hobbes managed to turn aroung my negative first impression and only after that had turned did I realize they were two different people. He literally used a second chance to make a first impression. That guy was super nice, helpful in giving advice and overall just seemed like an awesome dude. I will miss him. RIP hobbes

5 Likes

Shit that’s really recent too. Just a few days ago.

RIP

4 Likes

Man 2020! Rip Hobbes. He was a great guy.

6 Likes

RiP Hobbes

My deepest condolences to the family

:bouquet:

4 Likes

Damn, that sucks. I never met him irl, but I can’t think of one negative interaction in a substantial online history. What a sad loss.

4 Likes

damn

3 Likes

RIP. Great guy.

5 Likes

This is really hitting me hard. So sad.

7 Likes