**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Yes it’s a positive signal for sure.

The idea of dating leagues is almost always a correlation is not causation error. People are attracted to each other for a million reasons. Sure sometimes those appear to align with the idea of classes of people, typically around physical beauty or wealth. However, the vast majority of the time that is simply correlation.

The entire data around dating sites says basically the opposite though. There are outliers. People are complicated! But, people usually end up with people that are closer to them in looks, social level etc.

I guess if we wanted to limit it to real world dating scenarios, that changes things a bit.

However, I don’t think I’m crazy to say, for example, that Ana de Armas is out of StimAbuser’s league.

1 Like

It gets depressing when you see the data okcupid, tinder, hinge etc give out. I think its like 5% of women get like 95% of messages.

If anything, that may support Clovis’ point. These guys clearly aren’t concerning themselves with leagues if all of them are going after the same women.

“Leagues” is an encapsulation of a real-world phenomenon that’s almost never helpful to be thinking about imo. We’re already gregarious and hierarchically-minded; if you’re thinking about approaching the person, you’re probably inside their range. Everything you’ve been through up until now has taught you to try and ensure that.

2 Likes

Marc Clotet doesn’t seem all that great.

According to wiki he’s an actor and model. I think he makes the cut.

Also he wasn’t dating peak Ana.

If we go far enough back, stim may have had a shot if they were both in middle school at the same time.

George Conway, dad of the year

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1361145492407783429?s=21

Damn, got rejected nicely. She just responded with StimAbuser! Happy valentines day! with a valentines day heart gif lol.

Aw well, I tried

4 Likes

We have a thread for that.

1 Like

Anyways, I thought this was amusing. Would be interested in the takes of anyone who was a high school theatre kid. (I was not.)

https://twitter.com/SocksxMC/status/1360730976922574849

Yikes. Reading that sober is a little cringe-inducing.

Nevertheless, stim and everyone else are welcome to come tell their Valentine’s stories, happy or sad.

Can we as a nation just agree to not pay attention to whatever the Conways are doing from here on out? Poor Claudia just never had a chance at a normal life.

5 Likes

I will pay attention because I like train wrecks.

“Looks like next harvest will be even better”.

1 Like

Sure, once we agree not to slow down and rubberneck at the accident on the side of the road.

1 Like

I’m ambivalent about this.

If you know nothing about this person, is Quince Mountain an awesome name or a stupid name? (This is the real name of a real person who was not born with that name.)

• I would be happy to name my child Quince Mountain
  • It would be child abuse to name your kid Quince Mountain

0 voters

1 Like

Quince like rinse or quince like… well like the other pronunciation