**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

I assume quince like the fruit. Why would it be anything else?

Anyways, Quince Mountain is the name of the first openly trans person to a) appear on Naked and Afraid and b) race in the Iditarod. He was trending on Twitter due to a dead dog (well, his dog was), so I looked him up. Never watched Naked and Afraid, so I can’t tell you what that is like.

I can’t decide if I think the name is awesome or stupid. I assume this name was chosen and does not match Quince’s birth certificate. I guess it probably depends on the story behind it, but I can’t help but feel that if I wrote a novel with a protagonist named Quince Mountain, I would be laughed at for picking that name. It might work for a comic book character, though.

Some reading if you are interested in Mountain’s life:

This is disgraceful

https://twitter.com/americanidol/status/1361187986197663747?s=21

1 Like

The entire Conway thing is the quintessential example of awful American culture. Anyone paying attention is ghoulish.

1 Like

We’re all just counting the years until the sex tape drops.

1 Like

5 Likes

10 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pogue/status/1361010771430412292

8 Likes

Maybe he meant Kellyanne (or George lol).

This should be deleted.

4 Likes

It’s creepy as fuck.

3 Likes

It’s wild timing that America is having a kind of reckoning with the way Britney Spears was treated and also we’re now set to run Claudia Conway through the same wringer.

2 Likes

I found this one particularly disgusting.

1 Like

Does your average American Idol watcher even know who the Conways are? I don’t even know what the draw is supposed to be. I guess diehard MAGA chuds will tune in to cheer?

It’s gotta be somewhere around 98% of Americans (maybe even higher) have no idea who she is or who her mom and dad are. And even those 2% that know, there has to be an incredibly small portion that actually care. It’s a really weird thing to promote, imo.

Millie bobby brown (stranger things/godzilla) is currently undergoing the hyper-sexualized 16-18 year old treatment that western media gives these young pretty girls.

As a big fan of hers, I don’t worry as much for MBB because she doesn’t live in the states and she seems to have a really, really good head on her shoulders. But some of the stuff that clearly sexualizes her is very disturbing to me. I don’t entirely understand why it even exists - is there just a huge % of the population that likes fantasizing about extremely young girls or is this part of the capitalistic patriarchy marketing to other young girls to get them to feel shitty about themselves and buy products? I honestly don’t fucking know, it seems like too complex of an issue for me.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bfriedmandc/status/1361153662614188033?s=21

15 Likes

As someone who laughed at this I didn’t read it as a desire to see the hypothetical tape but as satire of American culture.

2 Likes

This is the Maya radio station that we heard on the trip. I guess it’s Maya and Spanish.

Serious rave party going on in Kamchatka right now.

2 Likes

Yes