Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

Love the passion, but this is a HORRIBLE take.

Here’s my rant: There shouldn’t be two threads for this worthy topic. Just one thread that is constantly near the top of the main page.

Pickles taste great. Come @ me

1 Like

Bread and Butter pickles GOAT.

2 Likes

Fucking Comcast.

Bill went up, called and got a reduction and an upgrade on internet speed, but would require a modem upgrade.

Great, go to the comcast store, swap out my old modem for a new one, bring the new one home, and it’s stuck in a captive portal loop.

Call Comcast support. Reboot your modem, change the SSID… “Can you reset your browser settings” “Fuck you, I’m not resetting my browser settings when it’s clearly evident that this modem is fucked.”. Okay, we’ll send you out a technician. Earliest appointment is Tuesday. Oh, you and your wife both work from home and have unbreakable meetings on Monday? And your daughter is doing distance learning? Okay, fuck you, our first appointment is still Tuesday. “Can I just go and swap the modem out at the store, I’m sure it’s the modem.” No, we have to send a technician. “Okay, book the appointment, but I’m still going to the store and swapping out the modem”. Go to store, swap out modem, modem boots right up. Cancel appointment. This all took about 5 hours of effort on Saturday between the phone call and going to the Comcast store.

Fuck you Comcast. If I had any other options other than 1.5 Mb Centurylink service I’d cancel you fuckers.

12 Likes

Also, just fuck everything.

We work hard all week, but can’t really do anything. Air quality is at “instant death” level so we couldn’t even get outdoors this weekend. My nephew is having a baby and has turned into a full blown trumper/q anon/save the children/racist fucktard. Trump still has support and is a coinflip to win reelection. I’m still fat. So is my wife. My daughter watches too much TV because she can’t do the things she normally would be doing. I’m bored at work and have little work to do. I’m very likely to miss my yearly (12th year!) Pan trip with the boys. I made Persian food last night that was disappointing. And overall I just have a low level of anxiety boiling at all times about our current state of affairs and our future and feel powerless to change it. And I’m worried about dodging bullets if Trump loses in November.

But, I keep reminding myself that my wife and I are still both employed, and my daughter is happy. But it’s hard finding good things on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Don’t have the air quality problem here in Alabama but I have the same issues otherwise.

Brother/Family dumb/trumpers.
Trump still might win.
I’d like to lose some weight.
My wife would too.
All 3 of my kids play way too many video games/screentime since the pandemic period.
We are about to miss my family beachtrip that has been a tradition for like 10 years now, everyone else seems to think its fine, my sister asked again yesterday if we were for sure not going, like wtf no we aren’t.
Same for anxierty boiling etc.
My job seems stable from what I’m being told even as our work slows down for probably all of Q4 but my wife is working some still and all the kids seem to be doing ok overall.

meh, this year just sucks ass.

6 Likes

The internet provider market in the USA is the worst i’ve ever seen in both quality, pricing, competition and customer service.

Xfinity has a complete monopoly over internet in my location (north california) and they offer joke quality internet for obscene prices and draconian contract terms, which would be flat out illegal in Israel.

When i expressed my dissatisfaction with the new prices they are charging me after my “promition” ended (randomly after 20 months?) they flat out said i have no other choices.

1 Like

I feel you buddy. Feeling the exact same way!

I forgot a key piece of my rant. My niece, my deplorable nephew’s sister, has been in a serious relationship with a black guy for over a decade and just had a baby. So his nephew is a mixed race baby, and he’s still posting about how hunting down Antifa and BLM protestors.

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to talk to him and explain to him how much of a fucktard he is and how I’m cutting him out of my life until he figures out how to be a human being and I think I finally honed in on relating police brutality to his nephew. I’ll ask if he’d still feel the same way about black people getting shot if it were his nephew that got pulled over for a broken tail light and ended up getting shot 5 times by the cops.

I doubt it’ll help, but it’ll make me feel better before cutting him out of my life.

One positive is my nephew is having a baby shower and I convinced my mother to skip it because of Covid. I told her she can tell everybody that I forbade her from going and they can blame me.

2 Likes

Update: deplorable nephew and I are no longer on speaking terms.

10 Likes

Probably for the best

I think so. It was something I was planning on doing in the next few weeks but it happened organically today.

I think you’re a quality poster. You’re funny and bring the passion. But your deranged pickles rant is going to make me vote for Mitch

4 Likes

Same, but there’s no way I can give up the heat so I just deal with it.

2 Likes

Seriously. This rant is so bad that I just took a job with ICE.

1 Like

It’s a bit hard to believe that realtors are still a thing. Seems like a seller and buyer could do the transaction online with some help some company that would provide the help for the legal/money parts of it.

Feels like some venture capitalist tech bro will come up with the iRealty app that’ll make it happen.

1 Like

If there were no Realtors who would the Title Insurance reps bring free lunches to?

Serious answer though: all you need is the escrow company and the purchase agreement which can be found online for most states. In California the purchase agreement is also the joint escrow instructions. So, if you can assemble an IKEA dresser or bake cookies, you should be able to complete a RE transaction.

Twice now in a 12 hour period, someone in the far right lane going the same speed as me, who needed to merge left has literally floored it from behind me to pass me and cut me off from the right. What the fuck is the point of that? They could easily have just changed lanes without even slowing down whatsoever. There’s enough traffic that it doesn’t matter they’re one car length ahead, it’s california so it’s not like the freeway is wide open in front of me and I’m driving too slow. I was going 15mph over the speed limit in both cases too.

What drives that kind of behavior? Like it didnt inconvenience me or anything, I’m more pissed at how completely unnecessary and stupid it was. I’m absolutely baffled at what kind of person drives that way and how absolutely miserable their life must be.

1 Like

I’m so glad that I don’t drive.

1 Like

CenturyLink. Holy shit.

My firm’s internet and VoIP lines are through them. Every single time I’ve had to call them for support/repair or new service, they absolutely cannot find my account. I’m logged into their fucking portal with something on the screen that clearly says “Account Number”. Nope, it’s never that number. It’s always a number that I don’t have any access to.

There’s also about 47430 different support numbers, and none of them know what any of the others do. Any call I makes usually involved 7 different transfers and about 6 hours before I reach somebody that can find my account and actually has the ability to do anything to it.

I’d switch to one of the other ISPs but they all suck.