Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

all the people who in mandatory mask wearing places, still do not cover their nose

all the people who have zero self awareness chatting away over nothing to the working people, goddamnit I’m here to use this service then leave as fast as possible.

the asshole in the truck who when the lanes merged instead of going behind me gassed it so I had to hit the brakes, only to immediately turn left at the next turn, where I easily passed him in 10 seconds because he had to wait for traffic. Fucking dumb shit.

We see this shit all around Boston as well. I haven’t gone to the office since mid March, and I sure don’t miss that commute.

$165 to ship a 11 ounce box to UK? At least $55 USPS? Da fuk.

The last time I had CenturyLink around 5 years ago, I had the same hours long phone calls, with multiple transfers, and incorrect account numbers. The issue was related to the fact that I did not have a landline through them, only internet, and cable. Everytime I’d call them they’d ask for my phone number to look up my account, and then get flustered/surprised that I didn’t have a landline with them. By the 3rd or 4th time it happened, even when I’d tell the first rep exactly what was going on, it would still take an hour and multiple transfers to get to someone that could help me.

Yeah, the only reason we’re with CenturyLInk is that they’re the only ones that have fiber to my building. It’s great when shit works.

Turns out though that the other day when I was on hold with them for 2 hours without an answer, it wasn’t their issue. The electrical panel that powers CenturyLink’s equipment in my building melted down and was actually sizzling. Once I figured it out and rerouted power to Clink’s equipment everything was fine. I’d probably still be on hold with them if it was actually their problem.

1 Like

Footy sucks! It’s become so congested that it’s horrible to watch. Nobody scores anymore and you barely see forwards taking speccies anymore. How dare they ruin this great game and fuck all the fans over! I’m fucked off :imp:

Do players still fall down all the time for no reason at least?

Not as much as in soccer.

overreaction

4 Likes

Everybody lies

1 Like

My piece of shit fridge quit working last week. I had to throw out all my food after multiple full defrostings. Now I have to buy a new fridge but my stupid condo fridge space is for old style fridges and all the modern ones are too wide or too tall with stupid fucking depths. I found one that works for width and height but it will be pretty close to my pantry door on the side wall but I have to pull the trigger. And I gotta let some random come in and remove the old fridge and deliver the new one during a pandemic. Fuck this shit. I’ve been eating single serving take out for a week. I can’t even order a fucking pizza unless I got some stupid single person one because I can’t keep fuckin leftovers. This was a problem I really didn’t fucking need right now.

7 Likes

Some poor people without fridges in my youth hung cold items in a bag outside their window. You could try that for a while unless you have to have frozen items (ugh).

If you live alone, you could try a mini-fridge.

Chopped kale can go and fuck itself

2 Likes

It would stop running for extended periods. If I kicked it hard it would start again but then when it went into defrost mode it wouldn’t come back on. I probably could have replaced the thermostat but it was an old fridge. I bought a new one one and just finished connecting the water line. Stress mostly gone.

1 Like

The fact that there’s an update to this fridge situation that I can’t see is immensely tilting.

New Fridge is working great. Being able to store cold food, which has never been a problem in my life before, is an amazing feeling. Life is restored.

That post was me ranting about the recent forum activity. I didn’t think it was very helpful, so I deleted it.

1 Like

It’s funny but rants in normal threads can be really offputting but I thoroughly enjoy them in this thread. Now I am starting to doubt my judgement having @JohnnyTruant as my favourite poster.

Bumping this because it seems to be needed.

As mentioned in the OP, this is for unleashing the anger you hold. It is supposed to be a supportive place where we can calm each other and bring peace to the minds of others.

As for me, my colleague recommended his friend to recover data from my busted laptop. His friend held onto it for a month before telling me he couldn’t do anything about it. Nice.

Apparently, I should get a hard drive enclosure and get the material that way. Would’ve been nice to know that a month ago.

3 Likes