Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

Never heard of the phrase “hustle culture” until now.

Seems like labor exploitation to me. That is unless you’re the exploiter.

One thing I learned by leaving America is how important time off is. Excessive work hours and poor conditions can take years off of somebody’s life.

3 Likes

The following is a political rant:

Next person that mentions Texas is turning purple is gonna get popped.

Just finished a GOTV texting campaign and Trump is doing just fine down here. Also Kanye West is doing very well. Fish Sticks and WAAF.

2 Likes

It is fucking impossible to find a decent webcam in stock. That’s it. That’s my complaint.

Friends who completely disappear once they’re in a serious relationship (or even worse, any relationship).

I have had a few friends who have done this, but I’m talking about one in particular right now. And he’s kind of needy and codependent-ish when he’s not in a relationship. We lived together and it was pretty sick. But he shacked up with this girl a few months ago, that he’s only been dating a few months. And now it’s like he doesn’t even exist anymore. Doesn’t respond to texts, doesnt participate in group chats, doesn’t do anything except spend all his time with her. It pisses me off.

When I’m in a relationship I put plenty of priority on my friends. It’s cost me relationships too, or girls getting pissed at me because I’m texting my friends. I tell them - these guys were here before you, and they probably will be here after you too, so tolerate it or step aside. My boys are my boys.

I feel I have very high standards of loyalty that hold me back in these situations, though. Because I’m just likely to write this guy off as a shitty friend and pay him no mind until the relationship is over (or ever), but then our friendship will be ruined. I could talk to him about it, but he probably has no idea and if he does then he just might not care, or take it the wrong way.

I totally understand people disappearing when they have kids. Hate it, it makes me sad, but I get it. It’s all consuming and there’s a life that depends on you. Of course you’re gonna put all your priority on that.

But a fucking relationship? Especially one that’s just a few months old? Or less than a few years old? Gimme a break. Those are a dime a dozen. Get over it.

It sounds like maybe he’s needy and codependent when he’s in a relationship, just with her and not you. And you sound kind of jealous.

1 Like

It isn’t jealousy; I miss my friend. I am happy for him but definitely think it is the mark of a shitty friend if you engage in this kind of behavior. I mentioned him being codependent because when he’s not in a relationship he’ll gladly be all over your shit constantly (which was at times annoying). So it’s like he just uses people to help his own insecurity.

Mostly just pissed I had a shitty friend and didnt realize it.

1 Like

Fuck you sink

First, some guys shut off the gas to the building. No hot water and no gas stove. Now there’s a leak.

ETA: Seems that correlation doesn’t equal causation. Looks like the leak has been going on possibly for months. I just didn’t notice until I slipped on the puddle that eventually came about due to the leak.

1 Like

Fuck you Saint Whomever’s Episcopal Church in north wherever.

It’s been a long time since I was a churchly man, but I once was. I was elected Junior Warden (this translates to grounds manager, an uncompensated position) at this fabulous little integrated church in an impoverished neighborhood. And I loved it. I did all sorts of things: tons of lawn mowing, tile-setting, painting. You name it. So…come in one Sunday (the first Sunday of the month, when we would have our monthly potluck) when someone in a panic buttonholes me and says “hey_you, the kitchen sink is leaking!” “No problem.” says I, thinking sinks leak from time to time, and there’s stuff in the closet that might help. So I poke my head under the kitchen sink for the first time and it seems there was a long history of leaks. And past Junior Wardens had repaired them with, I shit you not, black electricians’ tape. It seemed the whole underside of the sink was made of black tape. So, while my churchmates were singing and worshiping Jesus, I was running to Home Depot and impersonating a plumber. I know this doesn’t sound like the worst thing ever, but worshiping alongside a bunch of Black people was very life affirming to a young hippy-dippy liberal like me. Also there was Stephanie, who had long legs.

Everything turned out okay. And lunch, as I recall, was pretty good.

3 Likes

UPS wouldn’t just leave my package of TP I ordered from amazon at my door without a signature and instead wants me to drive 15 minutes to go show ID and pick it up at some store. IF I WANTED TO GO TO SOME DISEASE INFESTED STORE I WOULDN’T HAVE PAID AMAZON MARKUP AND WAITED 5 DAYS. So now I’m wiping my ass with tissues.

4 Likes

If you really want to teach UPS a lesson you should stop wiping your ass.

After reading the Scottish twitter tweets about the national football team, we Scots all agree that we’re shite, just shite & what do I mean with that, well we can’t even muster up a few decent chances to lay the blame at ones door we’re THAT fucking bad.

So I’m asking for a compromise thats good for everyone, let’s face it the majors are lacking by having the Scots not be there, so we can just go, live it up and party, if anyone asks just say “Yeah, it is what it is” “Or that we got knocked out in the 1st round” after all no-one looks at past results anyways, easy game and a trip away from the family and job.

Save the national team by just grounding them for life and use the savings to send out hard-working tartan army fans because we’ll everyone loves the Scots.

Free the national team from embarrassment forever… :astonished:

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/fred035schultz/status/1301860784126001152

4 Likes

After dicking around on their website looking for a non-phone way to contact them, I figured out that if you want to tell them to send your package again, you have to sign up for an account.

So I do that and fill in all my info and have to create a username for some reason and they disallow the + character in emails so their spam is harder to filter and their shit breaks if I don’t disable adblock and noscript and I finally get to the point where I am allowed to request my TP be sent again.

FUCK YOOOOOUUUUUPS

1 Like

First, they killed Jesus Christ. Now this.

1 Like

This is strong.

But, this is backwards imo. If someone has just been together for a few months, let them do their fucking like rabbits. If they are in a sltr they should be free, independent and secure enough to have time for friends.

3 Likes

Update on my WAAQ quest to acquire classic synths: only one that I’ve either paid for (out of 4) or tried to purchase (3) has shown up on my door step so far. Most annoying was a Yamaha TX81Z I bought for $70 shipped or so I thought only to have the seller ghost me. Now I get frequent updates from the site telling me that the dude has recently sold it.

Deals are almost nonexistent right now. I have a big NFL draft style list of WANTS and NEEDS and what I think are fair prices, what the repair issues are, etc. For example, the Juno 106 is a nice ax, and I suppose it could be worth $1,800, but that would be the price for a fully-serviced one in excellent cosmetic condition with new voice chips (from Analog Renaissance, not a DIY acetone bath). In reality, almost all of the ones listed at that price need $500-$600 of service minimum and are nowhere near excellent. It’s so shitty trying to wade through all of these fake listings that I’ve considered writing a script that spams them with lowball offers.

So yeah looks like I’m gonna be working inside the box for a while but I’ve been staying busy with deep dives on the V.A.S.T. architecture.

1 Like

Is there not a thread for 2p2 gossip anymore or am I missing it? This ACR/Jonathan Little situation has been tilting me. Not surprising to see Mason and most of NVG taking Nagy’s side and unleashing potshots at JL. Had to chime in with some thoughts on that one…

The 22 thread is in French BBV.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/why-did-this-forum-split-from-2-2/1035/2066

1 Like

From over a year ago on a similar sort of thread. Today got a sandwich that made absolutely 0 indications of pickles. In fact in was just labeled as spicy pepper jack chicken sandwich. Last time I got it 0 pickles. One bite today and I thought it was poisoned. Insta spit out, to the point where spit out didn’t even look gross. Yep it had pickles. I looked over the list of ingredients and didn’t see pickles listed. Fuck pickles.

are diminished without

1 Like