Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

Risk adverse is the only error that torques me off more than exasperate the issue, but it’s close. This reminds me of one of the funniest Seinfeld episodes ever where Kramer says statue of limitations and refuses to back down when he gets corrected.

1 Like

Some of my pet peaves (tee hee) are - “mute point”, “revert back” (although that’s just a syntactic tautology), “revert to you” in place of “get back to you”, “utilize” instead of “use”, reflexive pronouns where they don’t belong (“yourself”, “myself” instead of “you”, “me”). I’m sure there are a few others I can’t think of right now, but I’ll revert back to yourself if I recall any more improper utilizations.

1 Like

lol

Beyond the standard ones, my pet peeves are “broke” when it should be “broken” (As in, “Door is broke, please go around”), acrost, excape, nucular, and “step foot in”. It’s “set foot in” goddammit, and I’ll die on that hill.

If you step foot in that nucular plant, you’ll never excape because the bridge acrost the reactor core chamber is broke.

2 Likes

Over here (UK) some people say “draw” instead of “drawer”. Chez even wrote in in a post recently, ffs.

I personally know someone who boycotted an establishment he otherwise liked because he noticed they listed “expresso” on the menu. I understand.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’d rather have students tell me that they don’t give a shit about school instead of firing out a bunch of shitty excuses or even worse, twisting things around to somehow blame me for their mistakes.

I could really use an anger translator. Wonder what Luther’s up to.

Fuck the owner of AFC and fuck me for paying to watch this constantly deteriorating garbage.

Me: I can’t do heroin. I have a highly addictive personality.
Marty: I’M GONNA KICK YOU IN THE NUTS IF YOU DON’T TRY IT!!

“Between you and I” nuke from orbit

1 Like

Marty: Would you like to have dinner?
Girl: I can’t…
Marty:

1 Like

You’re really going off. You think this thread is for non-political ranting or something?

Was just messing with you. I know I’m not known for it but I can crack wise occasionally.

1 Like

Should ask them if they are an AmeriCAN or an AmeriCAN’T IMO

2 Likes

People who sit in the front and think they can mess with a man’s radio, Clyde you say, should be right hook Clyde all day everyday…

And what shit is Hugh keeven today… And a DJ that’s never played a tune in his life.

Mind you I wish the same could be said for the bastard that though of the GBX roadshow, 1,000,000 beats a Sec, sloooooow down ya rocket.

Bring back Tiger Tim… We loved you Tim.

2 Likes

DAW? Get yourself this Synthstrom Deluge. I got your bleep bloop also.

Disclaimer: I still use Ableton and Reaper

3 Likes

Everyone talks about all this wicking bullshit, but fuck that, cotton is king.

1 Like

Nothing like having a cleaning lady giving you unsolicited medical advice on how to handle epilepsy. Doubly bad that it’s horrible advice involving stopping my medication and replacing it with meditation, yoga, and telling myself that I’ll never have a seizure again.

I know it comes from a good place but it’s pretty infuriating that people suddenly think they’re medical experts because they read conspiracy theories about big pharma and pseudoscience on Natural News.

3 Likes

“A reverse mortgage isn’t some sort of trick to take your home.” FFFFFUUUUUU Tom Sellick

3 Likes

Got on a tram today to get back to my flat. About a minute in, I see a girl coughing in one of the seats. People on the tram were pretty aware because despite how crowded it was, there was a small buffer zone between her and people standing.

A middle-aged woman was in the seat behind her and spoke passable English. She asked the girl if she was okay. I mean that shit never happens in the Czech Republic. Nobody asks strangers if they’re okay here but that coughing definitely concerned some people. Turns out the cougher is a French tourist in her early 20’s and of course she’s not wearing a mask. She claimed to be okay but fuck that. I’m 100% sure she has covid-19 and I’m she got a bunch of people sick because she’s too cheap to take an Uber. I can see why so many people here hate tourists.

As for my location on the tram, I saw the crowd I was in and put on my mask even before I heard the coughing. I was about 8-10 feet away for her and she was coughing in the opposite direction from where I was. I turned my back from her and there was enough people between us that those people probably inhaled before it got to me.

TLDR: Knowing my luck, I have covid-19.

FYP

2 Likes