Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

fkh, kmnj.NMJK; BHMJNGVBHNMvgfhcfcgdbgvhngvbhnnjkm,dfnjk,mvdfm, k.lnfe ,mnFk

4 Likes

Germany had been brutal (not so much Bundesliga 1, but mostly 2nd/3rd division) but Poland/Czech Republic etc were as awful.

But not gonna go into boring detail, just rant.

I’ll still be working mostly in the box. The input devices I own (MPK, drum machines) were fine for setting up backing tracks for guitar jams but are inadequate for what I’m going for now. Just trying to score one good master controller with a quality keybed. We should have a DAW thread though.

Anyway, my rant isn’t specifically about music gear as that’s merely a special case. It’s about how online shopping has drifted so far toward virtual flea markets full of unreliable flakes and scammers. There’s a reason why reputable brands, authorized retailers, and trusted sellers are real things that existed, prevailed, and fetched premiums before the rise of fleaBay and Scamazon, but the events leading to those outcomes over time have no memory. In other words, shoppers today have only known a world where buying shit they don’t need is mostly safe and uneventful so they expect it. Thirty-somethings (and older) today weren’t getting ripped off by fly-by-night hucksters in the early 1900s–they were buying from major retailers that, despite all of their flaws, could reliably deliver genuine merchandise in new condition and provide service afterward. Now we’ve extended that trust to virtual third-party crackheads for some reason and there doesn’t seem to be any end in site. OH WOW LOW PRICES. In reality, someone saved $1 to buy counterfeit eyeliner that’s 2% rat feces by volume and they blame Clinique with the one-star Scamazon review when they break out in hives. That’s a double whammy (as Mitch Hedberg would have said).

1 Like

Was going to schedule a dentist appointment for a regular checkup only to have what I suspect to be an abscess to the right of my bottom right molar.

I only suspect it because it isn’t as painful as people claim it is. Aside from a bit of local irritation, there’s no pain. I still eat and drink without pain. It’s really more of a nuisance.

But still, I fucking hate dentists. They’re like deplorables in that I’m sure they’re great around their family and friends but total psychopaths at work. I swear every one of them is like Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man.

I’m currently on a conference call and my boss just said “exasperate the issue”.

6 Likes

Now it turns out it was a mute point anyway.

(No, she didn’t say that yet, but I can see it coming)

So it’s not an abscess. Normally, this would be good news until I was told that the problem was that my wisdom tooth is essentially pushing against not just my gums but also one of my molars. Now, I need to see a different oral surgeon to get a tooth pulled. I assume that at some point in the future I will also need to have the wisdom tooth pulled.

I also need some fillings replaced. Given that they’re over 20 years old, it’s not surprising.

I don’t know what the cost will be for extracting the tooth but dental isn’t as extensively covered as I thought. Government insurance covers your basic checkup and xrays but beyond that treatment costs money. My dental cleaning (converted to USD) cost $63. Seems cheap by US standards but relative to the average salary in this country, it’s fairly expensive. Sure, private insurance pastes over some cracks but that shit is extremely expensive. Gotta be loaded to want that stuff.

My wisdom teeth have been pushing against my molars for more than 30 years. If it’s causing a problem then you need to address it, but it’s not that auto-extraction that just about every dentist says it is.

1 Like

Hemorrhoids

More on this later

What game is this?

I feel you buddy. I went yesterday to get a crown replaced that fell out last December while I was eating a Starburst. Luckily, or so I thought at the time, I was able to save it before the thing went down my throat. But the dentist wasn’t able to reinsert it into the old spot. Apparently, during that six months my jaw has shifted to the point that the crown no longer fits so WHAT DO YOU KNOW I need a whole fucking new crown. It’s gonna cost me around 500 bones and that’s after whatever my shitty PPO insurance covers. Fuckin scam. I used to work for a dental supply company and we paid like $3 apiece for stainless steel crowns. Dentists make a fortune on those things. Fucking racket.

Not sure about these days, but when I was coming up it was only a snap extract of all four if you’d had braces, because it would fuck up your alignment. Otherwise even back then my dentist wanted to leave ours in.

I had to go through the hell of extraction twice. My bottom left one got abscessed when I was overseas but both bottom ones had come in. Top ones hadn’t yet. The Army won’t just take them out unless there is a problem. So they took out that one. A couple years after I got out, the bottom right one also got abscessed. Civilian non-idiot oral surgeon ripped out the remaining three and I was finally done with that nonsense once and for all but I did get double the fun.

A long time ago, my dentist got me to snap hand him a few Gs by telling me that sure, my impacted wisdom teeth weren’t causing any trouble today, but if it ever did cause a problem, it would be the longest 24 hours of my life waiting to see him.

That same dentist told me a story about a woman who swallowed the crown and brought it back in a few days later. The dental assistant said, “Were you eating a tootsie roll when it popped off…?”

Then realized what had actually happened and couldn’t get the crown out of her hands fast enough.

2 Likes

My dog won’t stop peeing on the back of his front leg. It’s infuriating. He lifts his hind leg and starts peeing at an angle away from his body. But then he gets tired or something and, mid-stream, the angle changes so that the pee converges towards the front of his body and ultimately hits his front leg. Each trip outside is a spin of the roulette wheel that determines if his front leg will be yellow by the time it’s over.

1 Like

You should paint your dog yellow.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Divinity Original Sin 2

I did start over…it’s such a fun game with a lot of replay value, so I don’t mind. The dev that makes it is making Baldur’s Gate 3 and if it’s like this one, it’s going to be great. (I love old-school isolinear turn-based RPGs)

1 Like

Had the opposite happen in the Air Force. Maybe the USAFA dentists were bored or something, but it was basically a graduation requirement to get them removed. That’s when I learned that I metabolize novocaine and other drugs like it very fast, and had to be wheeled up from the recovery room to get 3 more shots of it. Turns out you aren’t supposed to be able to feel how many fingers the nurse holds against your jaw 20 minutes after the surgery is done…who would have thought?

skydiver can access the speed force!!!

1 Like

I have big teeth and a small mouth. It’s like trying to hold an Overeaters Anonymous meeting in a studio flat. Even after the molar gets pulled, the wisdom tooth below will probably be next some years down the line.

Oddly enough it seems that my insurance fully covers tooth extractions but not cleaning them.

1 Like