Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

You guys getting neurotic over how to be as polite as possible is peak Midwest Guy energy, I feel seen and validated.

2 Likes

Speaking of politeness, I was driving through my neighborhood the other day and encountered the classic “driver stops to talk to a neighbor” situation. Lady was stopped in the middle of the street.

I slowed down fairly early to give her time to move to the side of the road, but nope, she stayed put. I had to come to a complete stop - facing her, mind you - and she still didn’t move for maybe 20 seconds.

I didn’t beep or gesture because I was fascinated by how rude this person could be. When she finally scooted her car over, neither she nor the woman she was talking to acknowledged me. No sheepish wave or anything.

It’s minor in the grand scheme of things, but it was so weird experiencing such blatant, yet ultimately meaningless rudeness.

4 Likes

Bless their fucking hearts

1 Like

Shit like that puts me on instant blind rage tilt, and I am by nature a very calm and not ragey person. It’s just a total lack of awareness and lack of caring about anybody but themselves, and I fucking hate people like that.

2 Likes

I would have tapped my horn after about 10 seconds.

I was curious to see how long it would go on. 20 seconds or whatever it was feels like forever in that situation. The craziest part was the complete lack of acknowledgement from either person.

The crazy part is how much of this experience happened in your mind, and only involved you.

1 Like

Just had a late lunch sitting at the bar. Guy beside me stands to leave… Bartender says “have a great day.” Guy responds, “I appreciate you, too.”

5 seconds.

Same

I would tap instantly as I come to a stop.

1 Like

It’s weird, unless I had somewhere to go, I am in the camp of I would sit there and in awe of their blatant disregard of human normalcy.

1 Like

You guys better stay in America. You’d be bitching about unfriendly service nonstop if you lived in Europe.

I’m on tilt just watching this.

https://twitter.com/DMVFollowers/status/1648114780190670849

Weird to see someone that inconsiderate who is still (kind of) wearing a mask. Seems like there should be negative correlation between the two.

3 Likes

I stopped at a PDQ today to grab lunch. Sandwhich meal is $10.39, which includes fries and a drink. I have water so don’t want or need a drink, and order just the sandwich and fries. Total = $14.97.

“But if I do the meal it’ll be $10.39?”
-“Yes”

Wtf man.

3 Likes

My play here would have been to have awkwardly climb over the guy, make a conscious effort to bump him and his stuff.

Us city worker ants cant function without passive aggressive enforcement of norms.

That Dupont situation screams mental health issue and the bags say possible veteran. I’m not climbing over. Maybe you slide down the center if you really wanted to, but best play is exactly what happened here. Go to work with a story and without a fight.

1 Like

When there is an online menu or keypad that you navigate using arrows, and moving left from the left-most column (or right from the right-most column) doesn’t move the selection to the opposite column.

For example, my Sony TV has an apps menu that looks like this:

If I’m currently selecting TV (upper left), any reasonable system would allow me to arrow left one time to land on Disney+ (upper right). Instead, my dumbass TV just sits on that selection as if there’s a physical barrier preventing it from hopping to the other side.

RAGE

6 Likes

When a restaurant has a menu item that looks great, except that it unnecessarily has avocado (which I hate). I can’t order it with avocado (because it’s gross), but I also don’t want to order it sans avocado because I know that I’d be overpaying for what I’m getting. So tilting.

3 Likes