Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

Since switching to a more quirky bio on Bumble, I’ve received more hits (didn’t get many to begin with) but also more ghosting during the chat.

Also, I don’t take people seriously who begin a chat on online dating with ‘Hi’ or some other generic intro. I responded to one with an open-ended hypothetical question to start a discussion (don’t recall what it was, something about winning the lottery) only for her to respond with “Where’s the Hi”. I then responded “Hi, [hypothetical question]” and apologized for forgetting to say Hi.

She disconnected which is what I expected given her tone. What kind of human demands a specific response from another, especially one as shitty as 'Hi."? Talk about being boring. I mean if you can’t be a decent person by text, you must be fucking unbearable in real life.

Just another day trying to get reimbursed from my FSA. I’d say I average 2-3 submissions for each successful reimbursement. Just enraging. I’m confident that this submission is going to bomb - my wife had a crown replaced, and I sure as hell don’t know what category I’m supposed to pick:

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/machine-gun-kelly-gets-electrocuted-during-super-bowl-party-performance/ar-AA17n63D?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=763fccef336748e8a40e46460c85df60

Maybe I’m just too much of a word nit, but if you are “electrocuted”, you are dead. If you are strangled, you are dead. If you drowned, you are dead. At least you used to be.

1 Like

5 Likes

Probably explains the quotes used in the headlines

Maybe I should thank the Lume deodorant woman because now when she shows up on MSNBC I turn off the TV; I used to just mute it. Thanks for the productivity boost. Go put your armpit and feet in someone else’s face.

3 Likes

I muted her not more than 30 seconds ago.

Just went to get my beard trimmed at the barbers.

Some woman had her toddler in there getting a haircut.

Screamed at full volume the ENTIRE way through my beard trim. With added bonus of 5 minutes of some stupid fucking iPad song on full volume.

Lady. I get your kid needs a haircut, but there should be some fucking limit on what you inflict on others.

The barber after they left “oh my god that was so traumatic”

2 Likes

The toddler was probably annoying but why did you have to scream through your entire beard trim?

11 Likes

My sympathies are very much for the toddler and parent there. Still sucks for you, just nowhere near as bad

That’s just the sound a beard makes when it is being trimmed/cut. It’s kind of high-pitched which explains why some people don’t hear it.

5 Likes

2 Likes

We take ours to a kid only barber. They just let the kid pick a vid and snip away. Very quick and painless.

Parents ITT. Be more like Melkerson!

1 Like

Yikes. I’ve never seen a menu selection like that. I honestly can’t think of a single time I had an FSA claim kicked back to me.

sorry for trying to exist in the world with a kid

It’s Mme Melkerson, really. If it were up to me, I’d just cut their hair at home. It worked just fine during COVID.

Unfortunately, I have been overruled on that. Apparently I am insufficiently concerned with their appearance.

So. I’m interested in having this discussion but also aware that this is a sensitive topic and people have strong opinions, and parents and non parents have significantly different experiences so it may not be possible to reach common understanding

So. I’ll give it a go, but if it goes off the rails I’ll just check out.

So. I think everyone would agree two things.

1. Raising kids is tough, and so people should have some patience and forbearing when kids are losing their shit.

But also

1. There are limits to when and where it is appropriate for a parents to inflict a screaming kid on other people.

If we can agree on this. We can perhaps all avoid talking past each other, and move to the interesting question of where that actual line is.

I.e. public transport, planes, clearly fine. The world’s most expensive fine dining restaurant, clearly not fine. Everything else somewhere in between.

Also. Like many questions of ethics. There isnt a single right answer. Generally theres a big overlap between what is right for each party. I.e. it is possible that both of these things could be true at the same time.

A) the parent was completely out of line, and a asshole and should have found a solution that didn’t involve causing hassle to a bunch of people including a worker who couldnt really say no

AND

B) when this happens, as a bystander, our obligation is to just put up with it, because theis stuff happens, and to have said or done anything else would have been a complete asshole move.

Sorry. I mistyped that last point. I’ll go back and edit.

So. Where is the line? Do you think there is one?