Non-Pol Hot Takes

Do u even The Americans bro?

Heathen, track and field is awesome.

Love a full English breakfast, but what are those black hockey-puck looking things at the top?

Don’t forget beer, my friend.

This is another contender for sure but the BB fanbois are insufferable and contribute to its suckiness

Black pudding I think? Pretty sure a full English breakfast always has black pudding.

There are solid reasons why people can easily not like Breaking Bad, I just don’t let that influence me (I don’t let anyone influence me on what I like on TV frankly).

Like I hated the Saul Goodman character on that show, but love Better Call Saul. It’s odd.

Star Wars is one of the corniest and most overrated films of all time.

3 Likes

Test match cricket is by far the most complex, unpredictable and therefore interesting team sport ever invented.

1 Like

Saul’s character wasn’t great in BB bc, the show wasn’t as great as the praise it received. He’s an amazing character on BCS because it’s an incredible show.

2 Likes

They’re obviously cultured and well read aristocrats.

In Better Call Saul, it’s quite an amazing thing how they managed to make you root for a guy you know you shouldn’t be rooting for. I’d argue they’ve done a much better job with this aspect of the show than they ever did with Walter White. I didn’t like Walter at all the points you were supposed to not like him and hated him by the end, but that’s going to be tricky for Saul.

It reminds me a little of Billy Bob Thornton in Fargo season 1. It was really hard not to root for him against the a-holes he was dealing with, so they tried to make you hate him by the one thing I won’t mention that anyone who’s seen the show will know. And if you (whoever’s reading this) haven’t seen the show, you should.

I prefer butchers black pudding rather than the bigger/thinner slabs pictured … you want some fat in there.

Hogs (white) pudding is also great - these ones look about perfect.

1 Like

Saul was basically a comic relief character without the substance of the main characters. Bob Odenkirk did an outstanding job with the role.

4 Likes

Hockey and curling are the only good things about the Olympics.

I think Jesse was the most likable character on that show, to give you an indication of why some people dislike the show and don’t understand the fandom around it.

I can agree with that now, but I think for the 70s and 80s, the sci fi genre’s corniness in film was outweighed by the awe of what could be.

What is cricket?

It’s when you put on your best whites and go to the ball.

Black puddings… As S. D. Says if you try them buy from a butchers shop and never over fry them. :sweat_smile: As there very nice when cooked correctly.