Non-Pol Hot Takes

How does Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee compare? I loved that shit and brought an expensive ass bag for myself and one for my dog sitters.

Sour beers can be great, a lot of the ones you find at newer local breweries suck but one of my favorite beers is a flanders red ale. Goses can be good too, salt and lemon or lime yes please.

Hating on IPAs and gin is something too, there is so much variety in IPA styles not all of them are bitter hop bombs.

Thread is full of terrible drinkers

1 Like

Na that is horribleā€¦ :joy:

How much did it cost?

I canā€™t remember. It was from Beaches gift shop so not cheap lol. You can get it cheaper other places Iā€™m pretty sure. I was there for a wedding and not a long stay.

Cafe Nero in the UK, serves rather fine coffee

That is a scorching hot take.

1 Like

If it was less than $50 USD for one pound then it was fake. And honestly I would not expect a resort gift shop to have itā€“or charge 1.5x-2x that price if they did for some weird reason.

Edit: Ok so they actually advertise this lol. Itā€™s not pure Blue Mountain coffee. BLEND on the logo is what gives it away. It can be as little as 10% actual Blue Mountain beans, and even those could be of dubious quality. Also, to answer your original question, coffee snobs are not into JBM; itā€™s too mild and doesnā€™t really compare to the best coffees in the world that can be had for $15-20/lb. Doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t make a nice cup though if you can get your hands on the real stuff. For some reason, about 80% of the legit JBM is exported to Japan.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™ve tasted the fake stuff then :unamused:

My dad likes to buy 8 ounce bags of JBM and then drinks it with French vanilla coffee mate. Breaks my damn heart.

2 Likes

Or the gin turns us, er them into psychopaths.

fyp

No, really donā€™t.

Get good quality beans from a roaster like Taylor St or Union. Youā€™ll never go back to instant.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen Taylor St coffee around but never bought itā€¦ Thx :coffee::+1:

1 Like

I get our unground beans from there (theyā€™ll grind them if you want). People think theyā€™re expensive but at ~60p/cup for the Select beans (plus milk) itā€™s way better than most coffee shop drinks at a tiny fraction of the price and you can enjoy it without suffering the company of annoying people (though my wife might disagree).

1 Like

This is my go to coffee for awhile. School me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027Z5J6G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I seen them on Amazon too but Iā€™ll look around for them in a shop 1stā€¦Its actually 1 off the few things I donā€™t mind buying as I enjoy my coffee nowadays.

Because of my Job Iā€™ve been using Tim Hortons lately, but going to get myself a nice coffee maker and coffee now, thanks. :ok_hand:

Only people I knew who drank gin were middle-aged/old widows trying to get drunk enough to sleep with a guy complaining of a broken hip for several hours.

My mother, aunt and young cousins are drinking Gin latelyā€¦ Alough they never really drink at all except for the odd occasion, its a Fad as we say in our Family atm with the women. :joy:

I suppose its better than that cheap prossecco sparkling wine. :relaxed:

1 Like

I used to drink a lot of gin and I still like it. Hendricks is great. Citadelle is even moar greater. Itā€™s not ginā€™s fault that some people are too insecure in their masculinity to enjoy a crisp spirit with juniper and floral notes.

Gin and tonic is my standard wedding drink, otherwise I basically never touch the stuff. Hendrickā€™s is where itā€™s at.

1 Like