Non-Pol Hot Takes

I’m pretty sure future generations will be able to eat delicious meat grown in the lab for like $2/lb, so it may be a non issue. I also think that when such meat soon starts to be commercially viable, it’s a stone cold lock that some vegans will find a reason to tell us we shouldn’t eat that either.

In general though I agree that the militant vegan is a silly stereotype that’s pretty rare IRL. Probably most of the ones that do exist are like in their first month of actually being vegan and are a coinflip to go back to eating steak within a year.

1 Like

I knew a dude who set off a bomb of some sort at a ham store, he was also straight edge. I’m not sure what kind of actual destruction it did, and I assume it wasn’t much damage, but he went to county for awhile and I never saw him afterwards. He wasn’t the only guy from the sXe hardcore scene in my old city that was that way either. They definitely exist, but aren’t prevalent.

Being annoyed by vegans is a tell.

I’m more jealous of their ability to so heavily monitor their diets than anything. Feels like a superpower from where I’m at.

Suited connectors never hit. And when they do you don’t get paid.

Don’t @ me.

2 Likes

Whole Foods CEO on plant-based meat boom: Good for the environment but not for your health

But Mackey, who has been a vegan for more than 20 years, isn’t sold on the health benefits of plant-based meats.

“I don’t think eating highly processed foods is healthy. I think people thrive on eating whole foods,” Mackey says. “As for health, I will not endorse that, and that is about as big of criticism that I will do in public.”

And can lose to bigger flush/straight. Good hands to bluff with tho.

I tried an impossible burger today. It was passable. Drove by two Whole Foods to get it.

List of what people? Are we still talking about vegans?

People who make sure you know they are Canadian.

1 Like

Well it’s usually so obvious they don’t need to make sure you know. Is that what you mean?

I make sure people know I’m NOT Canadian.

dislike button people !! dislike :japanese_goblin:

I’ve come across some that aren’t but most are. It’s primarily because they’re right and have the moral high ground over us meat eaters.

The ones that aren’t obnoxious are normally cool so long as you don’t mock them for being vegan.

Actually, I like the vegans who let you know in advance because you can prepare something for them if you’re inviting them over. It’s the ones that get to your place, see your food, and refuse to eat it because they’re vegan that piss me off.

I get people thinking I’m Canadian all the time. Happened Friday while getting some blood work done. I think it’s because I don’t fit into the obnoxious American idiot stereotype that exists in Europe.

Dealbreaker

Fuck animal rights. Peter Singer can go eat a dick.

I can tolerate the ones that let me eat my foie gras in peace.

There are solid moral and ethical reasons to change what and how people eat which suggests a mostly plant-based diet, but the arguments for veganism are pretty specious and don’t stand up to close scrutiny.