Non-Pol Hot Takes

Please can a mod take all this Nirvana stuff out into its own thread?

omg yes please! itā€™s almost as bad as driving derails

Iā€™ve often thought of this scene over the years when dealing with this sort of thing:

Homer Simpson:
[Homer is buying a shirt]ā€¦ And I want the monogram to read ā€œM-a-x P-o-wā€¦ā€

Store Clerk:
Sir, traditionally, mongrams are just your initials.

Homer Simpson:
Max Power doesnā€™t abbrieviate! In his name, each letter is as important as the one that preceded it. Maybe even more importantā€¦ No, as important.

Store Clerk:
Fine. [She walks away with the shirt to apply the monogram]

Homer Simpson:
And if thereā€™s any room left, add a bunch of exclamation points and a pirate flag!

Yeah, itā€™s surprisingly tricky finding out exactly how it went down. Probably, understandably, people donā€™t want to besmirch Cobain.

1 Like

who around here can excise?

BRING ME THE EXCISOR

pol pot take but Nirvana is still on the brain, so, this is the best Nirvana song:

Bann 6ix!

1 Like

Yup. Iā€™ve heard that before and am 34.

Iā€™m 56 years old, and Iā€™m sure that this song was on one of the albums of kidsā€™ songs we played for our young children in the 1990ā€™s.

1 Like

Am 34. Donā€™t know. Then again my family didnā€™t get cable TV until the mid 90s.

Skittamarinkydinkydoo > Aneurysm, but itā€™s close.

1 Like

In range in USA#1 and know it somehow. Iā€™ve never seen it. The adults in that video creep me out.

Hmm, Iā€™m 48, have kids 20 and 14, and I definitely know the song through some kinda osmosis, although I remember others singing those first couple of lines more than actually hearing the song myself.

31, from the states and Iā€™ve heard the skinnamarinkydinkydink but I have no idea where I heard it

Vegans are obnoxious. Change my mind

3 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s a hot take. The difference between vegans and vegetarians is monumental.

1 Like

Just wait

I think that obnoxious vegans are just more visible. There are probably vegans about who just quietly do their thing and donā€™t treat it like a cult, but you donā€™t notice them.

2 Likes

Tbh while Iā€™m personally turned off by vocal vegans, I also believe that they absolutely have the moral high ground and I predict animal rights will be one of those things future generations look back on that we got wrong.

1 Like

I havenā€™t met any militant vegans in the past fifteen years, and most omnivores bring the subject up more often. Iā€™ll side with the vegans being less obnoxious.

7 Likes

Just fucking lol at the people who get offended by the existence of vegans. Iā€™ve known many vegans and vegetarians, Iā€™ve never once met a ā€œmilitant vegan.ā€ Iā€™ve seen lots of dickclown rednecks with People Eating Tasty Animals bumper stickers. So clever. Fuck those guys; Iā€™ll eat ma po tofu for dinner just to piss those assholes off.

5 Likes