Non-Pol Hot Takes

Load and Reload aren’t bad Metallica albums.

Even worse, they make shitty beer.

Yingling is like top-tier shitty beer tho.

There were two decent tracks on Load. King Nothing was an ok Metallica song.

1 Like

Bleeding Me is okay but it’s essentially an 8 minute long backing track, I liked FixXxer and Low Man’s Lyric

If you judge Metallica’s post-Black Album work against everything before it, you’ll think everything Metallica did sucks.

At least they aren’t St. Anger. Not a hot take, but that album was a pile of shit no matter who made it.

1 Like

Could walk into any hole-in-the-wall shithouse in Pennsylvania, say to the bartender “Lager” and get Yuengling.

With the advent of so many microbreweries with some quality beer, pretty much anything advertised on TV will likely end up being shit.

I don’t even know the names of 99% of the beers I drink nowadays. I just randomly pick a cask ale and hope I enjoy it.

1 Like

17th most popular beer in the US.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1158712653210181633?s=19

Mich ultra is easy to get unintentionally shitfaced on because it tastes like cold bath water

Modelo Especial as the top selling non light beer kinda blows my mind.

Trump tried to warn us.

Why the fuck do people like light beer so much? Don’t people want to taste beer?

For cheap beers, only 5% abv or above need apply

Name the Lager…

No, they don’t. They want to drink socially without getting hammered and fat.

2 Likes

That song from the ads is really good I even googled it

Correct. I was told when I was young that beer doesn’t actually suck “you just have to develop a taste for it.” I never did, but I still drink it, you can’t explain that

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of fat drunks drinking light beers. It’s kind of a thing.

Hot take: lower alcohol content beers are better. Guinness at 4.3% is a good example. Faced with choosing between beers I don’t know I will almost always pick the lowest alcohol content.

Counterpoint - Belgian beers

1 Like