Non-Pol Hot Takes

This thread was just made for you, suzzer!

Your post makes it seem like the article you linked agrees with you that the answer is 1, but it actually doesnā€™t agree so clearly.

Iā€™ve seen no written rule that implicit multiplication or division has a higher priority than explicit multiplication or division. And that is the only argument with any merit that gives 1 as the answer.

We have rules for exactly stuff like this and they shouldnā€™t be hand waved away.

Answer is 16.

i thought the division sign was a plus sign and i was about to get my mind blown

a=2; b=2

8 Ć· 2(a+b) = x

8 Ć· 2a +2b =x

8 Ć· 4 + 4 = x

2 + 4 = x

6 = x

a = b
a squared = ab
a squared - b squared = ab-b squared
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)
a+b = b
b+b = b
2b = b
2 = 1

1+2+3+4ā€¦+ āˆž = -1/12

I see what you did there.

Math ruins yet another thread

I definitely think it wouldnā€™t have 1/3 of the fans it has but for gambling but itā€™s still the de facto national pastime so this is pretty warm.

The 30-50 feral hogs meme has never been funny.

3 Likes

This is the right answer. The question is the mathematical equivalent of saying ā€œI saw the man with binocularsā€

After guns, McDonalds, and apple pie, gambling is part of the American culture. Weā€™re alot like China in that way

1 Like

NFL is about violence, gambling, and now fantasy gambling. Not a hot take.

BODMAS says 16

I am not BruceZ, but my take is that there is an implied parentheses that most people with a science/engineering background will automatically apply to the equation.

1 Like

This makes me think of the best writing Iā€™ve ever done, which was for a forum based - fantasy wrestling E-fed which has since been lost to the internet ether :( I still have a few pieces of it, but for the most part its gone forever.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ghibliantrains/status/1159658400524857344?s=19

micro brews are dumb and bad. like 8 breweries just popped up in the last year in my city. they are all shit.

just give me a yuengling.

Good god is the POTUSā€™s palate terrible. Like woah.

Youngling supports deplorables tho