‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Lol at dumb leftists itt

They were just charged and arrested. World record speed for murder charges. OPEN AND SHUT.

That dude was murdered two and a half months ago

2 Likes

The SP got assigned yesterday. Most murders don’t get charged within the first couple months after charges are submitted by police lol

lol at people on the internet tossing around names like Malkim X and Martin Luther Kim just because Kim Kardashian shared an online petition about this.

The guys were never charged by police? Most of the time when you murder someone and the police know you did the murder you get arrested that day. Maybe the day after? WTF are we even talking about here?

Police submitting chargers != prosecutor charging murder

Only drama left is whether a plea is offered

Sorry that I brought it up but I mean when I heard about this that was all I could think of. In other words I suspect if we had Zimmerman on tape it would look a lot like this and be a lot less “ambiguous” but the truth is we’ll never now so I probably shouldn’t have said anything.

Zimmerman wasn’t filmed by his friends. You’re assuming Zimmerman’s case was substantially different than this case. We can talk about the differences when someone is convicted of something.

1 Like

It really wasn’t.

These guys had the green light to legally flee the country before the authorities took 10 weeks to change their mind. But they didn’t have to because they probably won’t even be found guilty. “The black man reached for ma gun” will be a slam dunk defense in GA. Also something will come out about how the victim had to stay after school for detention a few times, plus if the home burglar was never found then that begs the question…

Funny how guns keep their owners safe but also make every interaction life-threatening to the owner. “I had to shoot him because my life was in danger because I had a gun.”

1 Like

I would say these guys are sunk because there is video but we had a video of Philando Castillo being murdered unambiguously and that guy walked free, so probably close to a flip. Odds would be lower if one was a cop because they have a license to be chickenshits.

1 Like

Sanford Police Officer Timothy Smith arrived at the scene at approximately 7:17 p.m., between 5 and 65 seconds after the fatal shot was fired. He reported finding Zimmerman standing near Martin, who was lying face down in the grass and unresponsive.[58][59] At that time, Zimmerman stated to Smith that he had shot Martin and was still armed. Smith handcuffed Zimmerman and confiscated his black Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Smith observed that Zimmerman’s back was wet and covered with grass, and he was bleeding from the nose and the back of his head.[58][60]

I don’t recall seeing any evidence whatsoever in the current case that corroborates a violent struggle.

I’m not going to relitigate Trayvon Martin, it was covered extensively in a thread in 2p2, but it was clear TM was minding his own business and Z harassed him prior to any violent struggle.

Similarly, from the video I saw, dude was jogging, minding his own business, dudes come up provoke the jogger, and from what I can see from the video it looks like there was some kind of struggle. Maybe there’s another video I haven’t seen? Regardless, the TM case only looks more reasonable if you ignore everything that led up to the struggle. I expect the defense in this will try to focus on the fact that it appears the jogger was struggling (to avoid getting shot, obviously) with the guy holding the gun and ignore everything that led up to that moment.

On February 6, workers witnessed two young black men lingering in the yard of a Twin Lakes resident around the same time a new laptop and some gold jewelry was stolen from her home. The next day police discovered the stolen laptop in the backpack of a young black man whom Zimmerman identified as the same person he had spotted peering into windows on February 2.[2]

Full transcript of Zimmerman’s call to SPD non-emergency number[52][57]
Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. …
Zimmerman: Hey, we’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there’s a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle. Um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: Okay, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.
Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a gray hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He’s, I don’t know, he was just staring …
Dispatcher: Okay, he’s just walking around the area …
Zimmerman: … looking at all the houses.
Dispatcher: Okay …
Zimmerman: Now he’s just staring at me.
Dispatcher: Okay. You said it’s 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
Zimmerman: That’s the clubhouse … [Note 3, 3rd picture]
Dispatcher: That’s the clubhouse. Do you know what the – he’s near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman: Yeah, now he’s coming towards me.
Dispatcher: Okay.
Zimmerman: He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male.
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He’s got a button on his shirt. Late teens.
Dispatcher: Late teens. Okay.
Zimmerman: Something’s wrong with him. Yup, he’s coming to check me out. He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything, okay?
Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
Dispatcher: Yeah, we’ve got someone on the way. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman: Okay. These assholes, they always get away. When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and make a left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse.[Note 3, 3rd picture]
Dispatcher: So it’s on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
Zimmerman: No, you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left … uh, you go straight in, don’t turn, and make a left. Shit, he’s running [background noises, possibly car door open warning chimes, heard].
Dispatcher: He’s running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he’s heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance … fucking [disputed/unintelligible]
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Okay, we don’t need you to do that.
Zimmerman: Okay.
Dispatcher: All right, sir, what is your name?
Zimmerman: George … He ran.
Dispatcher: All right, George, what’s your last name?
Zimmerman: Zimmerman.
Dispatcher: And George, what’s the phone number you’re calling from?
Zimmerman: [redacted]
Dispatcher: All right, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Alright, where you going to meet with them at?
Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, [Note 3, 4th picture]that’s my truck … [unintelligible]
Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
Zimmerman: I don’t know. It’s a cut through so I don’t know the address.[Note 3, 6th & 7th pictures]
Dispatcher: Okay. Do you live in the area?
Zimmerman: Yeah, I … [unintelligible]
Dispatcher: What’s your apartment number?
Zimmerman: It’s a home. It’s 1950, [Note 3, 3rd picture]Oh, crap. I don’t want to give it all out. I don’t know where this kid is.
Dispatcher: Okay. Do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?
Zimmerman: Yeah, that’s fine.
Dispatcher: All right, George. I’ll let them know to meet you around there okay?
Zimmerman: Actually, could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at?
Dispatcher: Okay, yeah. That’s no problem.
Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?
Dispatcher: Yeah, I got it [redacted]
Zimmerman: Yeah, you got it.
Dispatcher: Okay. No problem. I’ll let them know to call you when they’re in the area.
Zimmerman: Thanks.
Dispatcher: You’re welcome.[52]

Obviously, there are significant factual discrepancies between the Georgia men literally harassing Ahmaud and Zimmerman actually, if unreasonably, thinking something untoward might again be happening in his neighborhood.

This won’t work. The gun was pointed at him already. There are two men pointing guns at him. This is simply a MUCH EASIER prosecution than Trayvon.

Idk man they both sound like armed vigilantes pursuing a black person on vague suspicions and eventually shooting that person after an altercation takes place. Like Zimmerman had the courtesy to call the police but it’s clear he was continuing the chase even after he was told not to follow. Anyway people are right we probably shouldn’t AIDS up this thread any further.

Mods can make a separate thread if they want although I’m sure no one wants to relitigate

2 Likes

FWIW, we dont know that this didnt happen

It’s the difference between having evidence to clearly support X happened vs. no evidence to clearly support X happened. Lawyers don’t try cases based upon “we don’t know it didn’t happen” lol.

Omg. No more Zimmerman please.

In related news, Georgia cops decide to arrest Shannon Brown for exercising his god given 2nd amendment rights and SYG.

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1258792331886489601?s=21

Now he’s going down, almost certainly.