‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Gee, why should these people not have guns?

Checkmate libtards

“If the delegate felt intimidated or threatened, he just admitted to being a tyrant, because only a tyrant would be intimidated and threatened,” Howard added.

1 Like

A reporter needs to ask that dipshit to define tyrant and explain exactly why not wanting armed lunatics hanging around your house makes you one.

1 Like

I own 1 single piece of sports memorabilia, my neighbor owns none, but I’d be willing to bet that the average sports memorabilia owner has ~8.1 pieces of sports memorabilia. A lot of gun owners are collectors. They have a fascination with guns. I get that’s it’s a fascination and collector’s hobby you don’t like, but I don’t see why it’s a fucked up situation unless they’re using them to kill people, which I’m guessing >99% of gun owners don’t

I’m guessing gun violence falls precipitously once M4A is implemented and mental health care is free and accessible. Guns existing isn’t nearly as important a factor for gun violence as untreated mental health.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with collectors who have old guns, special guns, etc, that they rarely, if ever shoot. But I think you overestimate the impact that they have on the number. What’s the average non-collector gun owner have? 4? Hard for me to see why the average gun owner “needs” more than like 1.5. If you want a hunting rifle, and a shotgun or handgun for home defense, that’s about all you need. Or one of each if you have a concealed carry for a legit reason.

But I also imagine that the dudes with 25 AR-15’s count as “collectors.” But they’re not by any reasonable definition.

I truly understand why you feel this way cuse, and respect the fact you don’t like guns. I’m just pointing that there are usually two groups: One that buys things to serve the single purpose they were designed for, and those who collect things because they are super into them. I know a golfer who owns 5 drivers, 10 different wedges, and what has to be like 20 putters. He says, each one has a different feel and he enjoys taking them all out for a spin at times. Others, can’t stop buying expensive cars and own way more than what they need. Or expensive watches and jewelry that some can’t help picking another one up anytime they come across one they like

The difference is that yes. Guns are extremely dangerous and lethal and I get why you don’t like the idea of people owning lots of dangerous/lethal items. Personally, I think they’re far more likely to be a danger to themselves, friends, and family than the population at large

Of course, the answer is to repeal or re-amend 2A, instead of blaming gun owners/collectors, which I’m all for. But you already know my pre-conditions for that and I’m not gonna get bogged down in that discussion again. At least for now, owning a gun is a right and I’m all for people exercising their rights both for reasonable and unreasonable means

2 Likes

South park’s last season was just entirely school shootings going on in the background as the characters go about their unrelated adventures

4 Likes

I feel the same way. It’s depressing. I saw it in here and was like, wow, we’ve reached the point where it barely penetrates the day-to-day. I think 20+ have to die for it to make national news now. At this point I think we’re more likely as a society to roll back gun regulations than add any new ones.

I was curious about the process to get a gun in California. Why? Oh, no reason. Anyway, it’s pretty simple and involves passing a written gun safety test, having a background check, and waiting 10 days. There’s a big handbook with all the rules etc you’re supposed to learn for the written test. Ain’t nobody got time for that, so for fun I took three 10-question practice quizzes and got 100%, 90%, and 100%. I did not so much as glance at the handbook and have never laid a finger on a gun in my life.

I have no idea how realistic the practice quizzes are, but here they are if you’re curious: http://californiafsc.safetyquizz.com/

Anyway it’s a moot point because my wife won’t allow it and it’s a bad idea anyway.

2 Likes

JFC those are stupidly easy, this coming from a guy who knows next to nothing about guns outside of the few rifles and shotguns I shot at boy scout camp when I was 12-13

To be fair, there aren’t as many tricky rules with guns as there are with driving tests and they aren’t trying to make you fail. If they wanted to make it challenging they would have loaded the test up with more of those “what is the nth rule for kids” crap that you have to have memorized instead of being able to figure out from context.

Yeah but I even got that one right, it was pretty simple common sense. There should be a TAD more to it than that

What is the point of the test supposed to be? If it’s to demonstrate an awareness of how guns operate and how to keep them safe it isn’t too bad. I mean always treat it if it’s loaded, don’t store it loaded, and the kids stuff is about all there is to it. I was almost expecting a “when should you point a gun at someone?” type question. It’s just something else to slow down the gun purchase process to prevent idiots from buying a gun on the way to their ex’s house or team meeting and give them a chance to cool off.

There are a few of those in some of the later quizzes.

Like the driving test, I would personally prefer the questions to not just deal with basic “are you capable of doing these steps” stuff and actually try to eliminate people with poor judgement. But I understand that’s tricky and is never going to happen. With technology I feel like we should be able to do a much better job evaluating skills like driving and gun ownership.

1 Like

So you don’t have to take a personal safety class at a gun range? You just need to pass this test?

Correct.

I’m USA#1 it’s a small miracle they even make you take a basic written test.

New PSA campaign