‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

I was going off of this:

which says that 30% of american adults own guns, while a further 11% live in a household with a gun, but don’t own one. I’m making the honestly pretty thin assumption that a lot of gun owners only own shotguns/handguns, but honestly I don’t know. It’s kinda based on my experience. Like of the six gun owners I used to work with, only one had an ar-14, and it was considered a big deal.

Thinking about averages is misleading, though, because a small number of crazy-ass gun hoarders are driving the average up:

If you do the math, roughly 2% of Americans (1 in 50) now own half of the guns (50%) in America.

Sounds like we need a plan for socialized gun redistribution.

4 Likes

I’ve got a family member who is a pretty regular, well-off, white-collar guy but also happens to have a collection of ~150 guns. It’s not because he’s prepping for the apocalypse or anything like that, he’s just a collector and enjoys guns as a hobby (iirc his collection includes every military service weapon since like 1890 or something, along with a lot of old guns from other countries). He regularly cleans, mods, and resells them, and also hunts pretty frequently. It’s weird because he’s a rational guy with a legitimate hobby, but it’s also crazy to consider a collection of guns that large. I guess a few people like him can really drive up that average.

A friend of mine’s dad owned like 30+ guns. He was shot by his dad.

(accident and minor injury - it was a ricochet)

Nope. There’s no constitutional amendment specifically protecting cigarettes. The best we’ve ever done is banning certain specific weapons. The court (I believe I’m not going to look this up, I used to know it) ruled that nothing that would cause an undue burden on gun ownership is permitted.

2 Likes

lol, thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

AT A GODDAMN FUNERAL FFS

Nice country

Lol at the church’s Facebook post. Glad to know you’re more concerned about it not taking place on the church property than the people who died.

and what are they protesting…

On Friday, January 31, gun owners and second amendment advocates traveled to Kentucky’s Capitol building in Frankfort to protest the state’s proposed “red flag” laws that would allow family members and police to ask a judge to suspend gun ownership for those they believe are a threat to themselves or others. The proposed law, not yet in effect, would take guns away from those owners for two weeks. According to WDRB.com, about 200 people—many of them armed—showed up to the protest started by a group called Constitutional Kentucky. According to the Louisville Courier-Journal, more than 75 percent of the counties in Kentucky have passed similar non-binding resolutions.

Liberals are gonna take our guns (for two weeks).

(and that is only when a family member asks police to take guns away for a chill 2 weeks) (but a well regulated militia can’t ever have two weeks)

I mean, what happens if the King of England comes to your door and starts pushing you around in those two weeks?

What then?

Chessmate

3 Likes

Where you are wrong is in acting as if we don’t essentially have a monarchy in power now (and even before Trump) and where they are wrong is in pretending it’s not true that the more tyrannical the monarch is the more they will support them.

1 Like

More people have been killed by cops in 2018 and 2019 than have been killed in every mass shooting since 1922.

1 Like

I mean when they protest 200% reasonable laws like this, it’s all about slippery-slope fears of course. Can’t give an inch because that’ll open the floodgates obv.

https://twitter.com/LindaViking77/status/1226295108133322752

Staged?

Probably, sounded like a blank