‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

In addition to all the bloodshed and terror, and future PTSD patients, this shit has and will continue to cost us good teachers.

I would understand, support, and even encourage any teacher who threw up their hands and said “not anymore, I simply can’t for a single day more.”

4 Likes

Seeing the footage of the kids all walking out with hands up and being told over and over to not look down was pretty bad too.

1 Like

I stick my head in the sand when it comes to this kind of stuff. Reading this comment was like a gut punch. Ugh

2 Likes

Why was this? Because of bodies that were down?

Yeah me too. I get surprised with the survivor TikTok’s and all these stories from students to teachers are painful to acknowledge.

1 Like

Yeah they were walking past bodies.

The state is nearly 50% blue, and that’s with GOP thumbs on the scale.

It’s (edit: the antecedent is the school) rural-ish, though. That’s more of an indicator than state even in states that aren’t purple, such as purple Georgia.

1 Like

https://x.com/pappiness/status/1831887665047994520?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

13 Likes

[video of kids walking out from their perspective(TikTok - Make Your Day)]

This is an unrelated incident I think but police checking classroom. This is what kids live through. Makes no sense. (TikTok - Make Your Day)

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to pay teachers like this what they’re worth

It’s definitely possible. We just choose not to.

6 Likes

Read a few stories about this, but I’m still confused about what’s going on. Was this guy just taking potshots at people driving on the interstate?

There was a similar thing last week outside Seattle

More info. Dag, I was drove through Lexington on that very road not long ago.

https://x.com/Terrence_STR/status/1832581970938999005

There was a highway shooter in the same area 25 years ago.

Apparently the wife’s ex was on the road where one of the shootings happened (but was unharmed).

The fbi (gbi?) interview with colt and his dad.

(TikTok - Make Your Day)

Threat to a bunch of KC schools today. My friend just texted this:

My kids are locked in their classrooms right now because of a bomb threat. It’s not a code red situation where they are hiding or anything - teachers were all just told to keep the kids in the rooms. A bunch of cops and dogs and what-not are at the school. Probably just some stupid fucking kid thinking they are hilarious with all the shit going on lately, but still not good.

3 Likes

Everything’s fine.

17 Likes

“Since parents, you don’t want to raise your kids, I’m gonna start raising them,” Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said at a news conference Friday. “Every time we make an arrest, your kids’ photo is going to be put out there and if I can do it, I’m gonna perp walk your kid so that everybody can see what your kid’s up to.”