‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

I was under the impression rural Canadians cling to their guns

I’m sympathetic to clovis here. This is the thread where we alternately laugh at and scream about American gun culture, depending on whether the news is schadenfreude or shootings. That said, any prison sentence at all for two rounds of ammo (assuming that’s the situation–I didn’t read the article) is ridiculous.

5 Likes

“Responsible” gun owners…

They sure do. Not to mention our premier is making a serious run for worse than DeSantis and Trump.

lol. Way to miss the point completely.

2 Likes

I don’t about everyone else, but I’m feeling a little special.

5 Likes

57 new posts thought for sure we had a mass shooting going on today

2 Likes

The things someone wants punished and whether or not they just love punishment are separate things.

3 Likes

Technically there was one yesterday, just ended with a bunch of dead cops instead of citizens.

apparently this was just a fine until February.

Possessing a gun or ammunition is prohibited in Turks and Caicos , but tourists were previously often able to just pay a fine. In February, however, a court order mandated that even tourists in the process of leaving the country are subject to prison time.

At least you can wear camouflage clothing in Turks and Caicos. There are some real fascists in Barbados.

I don’t own any clothing with camo pattern

Mexico’s homicide rate is higher than the US. Parts of this did indeed play out this way. Except the guns are going the other way.

We don’t hunt or have guns and no military in the immediate family or anything, but…

Our elder daughter went through a phase in I think 2nd grade where she wore all camo on Wednesdays - pants, shirt, and hat. I don’t remember why or if there really was a reason. It was pretty cute.

3 Likes

Obviously make an example of this guy for dumbassery, but 12 years in prison is absurd.

3 Likes

That is pretty cute and an exception to my disdain for camo as a fashion choice! I guess this is more of a heads up to plan appropriately if your child is in that phase and you have any upcoming Caribbean vacations

1 Like

I mean, we probably do, just not a newsworthy massacre

Man, usually when there are this many new posts in this thread its a real bad sign…

As always I blame the Turks, no way my Caicos peeps would do anyone dirty like this.

3 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is God Almighty

A road rage incident in Southeast Dallas led to a shooting that killed a 33-year-old and injured a 12-year-old earlier this month.

Six people, including two minors, have now been charged with murder.

Police say the victims were involved in a fender bender on May 19. They say the suspects then cut them off, trapped them and then fired shots at the truck.

The deadly shooting took place in the middle of the street in the daylight just outside a home where a baby shower