‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Maybe - but we also allow you to assert self-defense in defense of others. Basically if you have a gun, and have any plausible justification to start blasting away, there is a decent chance you can claim self-defense.

Ever since Rittenhouse, I have thought about some hypothetical situation, where you have two opposing, protesting mobs. One person pulls a gun in a crowd due to fear, which causes another to act in self defense, which causes another to act in self defense, and so on leading to mass carnage. And theoretically no single person is guilty of an actual crime.

1 Like

9 Likes

I have one of those in my pants.

1 Like

There is no blanket law that defines every case of self defense. Theyre going to look at to what degree did the person escalate the situation, the imminent danger to themself and the person they were supposedly protecting, whether or not their actions warrent the risk of harm to the bystanders and was the least amount of force used to accomplish that.

A brief look into all of that and 2nd degree seems perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

A pony?

e542ab5c-fd67-4ad2-97c8-d9d6eb53591c_text

4 Likes

Sound about right. I suspect that is how it would go down.

My pony got…

(apologies for the crude joke, it just fits too well)

Summary

I warned you

Sloppy seconds

1 Like

I hope this shitbag dies in prison

2 Likes
5 Likes

This seemed like it could be over-the-top clickbait so I looked into it and the data is maddening. There have been 2,070 shootings by children from 2015-2020, that’s like one person a day getting shot by a kid.

There were 98 deaths that resulted from unintentional shootings by children from March through December 2019 compared to 128 over that same period in 2020, research by the advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety shows.

Did they really dig into the children’s motivations?

10 Likes

Need more good toddlers with guns to stop all these bad toddlers with guns.

1 Like

I’m surprised toddlers haven’t killed more people. It would be scary to be a tiny human that can barely defend yourself against anything. “Peek-a-boo?”, nah more like “Peek-a-boom! Get out of my face!” You’d think the “Stand Your Ground” defense would be rock-solid, at least to the Reasonable Toddler standard.

3 Likes

everyone knows toddlers are freeloading psychopaths, literally eating through people’s savings, and the law treats them with literal and metaphorical kid gloves. if an adult did even a tenth of that, they’d be put in jail with cash bail. end the apartheid imho. (no kids).

I know lol nothing matters but has anyone ever asked a politician to square this with “guns don’t kill people, people kill people”

They would probably go with something like “It wasn’t the gun it was the irresponsible gun owner who didn’t properly secure the gun. All of us law abiding, responsible gun owners shouldn’t have our guns taken away because of a few bad apples.”

1 Like

Maybe it’s just a phase.

2 Likes

I know you are probably joking but kids get mad. If they have any concept of a gun being dangerous they could use it intentionally. It’s pretty horrific.