‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Klepper v gun show

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1648792325156401153?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

https://twitter.com/holycitysinner/status/1648822802038784000?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Jfc… released from prison on April 14th.

Klepper videos are always great. This one was also somewhat eye opening though in highlighting the change in the gun industry over the last 15-20 years. Really have no idea how we ever get back over the edge of the cliff the country fell off of.

1 Like

https://archive.ph/2023.04.20-164220/https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article274517706.html

‘Fear and paranoia.’ Grandson says Andrew Lester bought into conspiracies, disinformation

Ludwig said he and his grandfather, who goes by the first name Dan, used to be very close.

“But in the last five or six years or so, I feel like we’ve lost touch,” he said. “I’ve gotten older and gained my own political views, and he’s become staunchly right-wing, further down the right-wing rabbit hole as far as doing the election-denying conspiracy stuff and COVID conspiracies and disinformation, fully buying into the Fox News, OAN kind of line. I feel like it’s really further radicalized him in a lot of ways.”

Ludwig said his grandfather had been immersed in “a 24-hour news cycle of fear and paranoia.”

“And then the NRA pushing the ‘stand your ground’ stuff and that you have to defend your home,” he said. “When I heard what happened, I was appalled and shocked that it transpired, but I didn’t disbelieve that it was true. The second I heard it, I was like, ‘Yeah, I could see him doing that.’”

Does he consider his grandfather a racist?

“I believe that there have been some positions that he’s held that have been bigoted or sort of disparaging,” Ludwig said. “But it’s stock Fox News, conservative American stuff. It’s ‘anybody who gets an abortion is a murderer.’ And ‘fatherless Black families are the reason why crime exists in this country.’ It’s stuff everybody’s heard at the Thanksgiving table every year.”

Ludwig said his grandfather’s paranoia had accelerated in the past couple of years.

Totally seems like a dude who should own a gun.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD

I dunno. The dude seems like a perfect law abiding, good guy with a gun citizen. I mean, right up until he shot that black teen.

Everyone is a good guy with a gun until they aren’t, I guess.

1 Like

So, yes

1 Like

The hell is going on this month? Dudes are just spinning around wildly firing shots in all directions like it’s Oregon Trail.

Can you blame them with what’s going on in Chicago and San Francisco? People are scared!

4 Likes

Minorities should be scared of white people and shoot first!

That’s a death sentence. No appeals.

I know my city has a non-governmental group that listens to the scanner and posts everything that comes through on to a Facebook page. Crime has gone up in my city for sure, but if you follow that page it feels like you’re going to get robbed or assaulted every time you leave your house. Or you car is going to get stolen every night from your driveway. Or your house is going to get broken into as soon as you walk out the door.

I’m guessing other cities have something similar going on. People didn’t hear about petty crime so much prior to social media. So, having a constant bombardment of petty crime rolling on your screen all day has people on edge.

Yet pretty much every study on crime shows it is decreasing across the country.

Both the FBI and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported a roughly 30% increase in the U.S. murder rate between 2019 and 2020, marking one of the largest year-over-year increases ever recorded. The FBI’s latest data, as well as provisional data from the CDC, suggest that murders continued to rise in 2021.

Black Americans have consistently been more likely than other racial and ethnic groups to express concern about violent crime, and that remains the case this year.

Some 81% of Black registered voters say violent crime is very important to their midterm vote, compared with 65% of Hispanic and 56% of White voters.

Let’s check in with Nextdoor and see what we learned this week about randomly blasting away total strangers standing around doing nothing.

So, nothing. Got it. We’ve learned absolutely nothing

1 Like

This shit is still the craziest thing to me:

Retirees LARPing as sheriffs. What could go wrong?!

1 Like

Perfectly legal to shoot at people on your property who pose no danger

“We were there for Instacart, we were trying to tell him, and he went about it the wrong way — instead of just calling police, saying ‘I have trespassers on my lawn,’ he decided to shoot,” Thomas said.

Davie police told WTVJ that a gun did go off at a home on Southwest 178th Avenue but no injuries were reported.

“(A detective) asked if we wanted to prosecute and we agreed to do that, but he said since they didn’t break any laws or do anything unlawful, they couldn’t do anything because we were on their property,” D’arville told WTVJ.

FOX News has people absolutely terrified of anything. What a miserable existence.

3 Likes