‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Exactly. It’s a complete red herring and only serves to muddle the debate.

1 Like

The good ole days.

a buddy lost his beloved Golden Retriever to a hunter that mistook the dog for Bambi. it’s a problem

This would be true today in the rural areas near me for sure and I’m in Canada.

Here they would have to be locked in a case and unloaded for transport though.

That’s the standard in Europe, as I understand it. Seems like a very simple rule no legitimate hunter should have a problem with.

hunting issue is completely made up. hunting itself is a model for government control which comes with restrictions on guns, other weapons and traps, ammo, geography, environment, fauna, storage, use, licensing, and participation. i am not a biologist, but i buy the conservationism argument that since humans already altered the environment, hunting may be necessary to control populations in place of natural predators. yet we may reevaluate the necessity if the environment recovers.

the gun issue is very much real, because the 2a argument essentially tries to make it a completely unrestricted activity. which is nuts. the end.

What hunting issue are you referring to? I think you might be right that you made it up.

that there’s an issue with hunting itself. it’s a limited activity, does not contribute much to any of our biggest problems. it could even help improve the public opinion on regulations of guns.

Smart guns! :face_with_monocle:

Four members of an elite competitive cheerleading team in Oak Ridge were shot Tuesday morning after one of the athletes reportedly mistakenly tried to get into the wrong car after practice.

The four young women drove from the Round Rock area to Woodlands Elite Cheer Company in Oak Ridge three times each week for practice. They used the Elgin H-E-B as a carpool lot for the approximately 360-mile round-trip.

Just after midnight, cheerleader Heather Roth said she got out of her friend’s car and opened the door to a vehicle she believed to be her own in the H-E-B parking lot.

Roth said there was a man sitting in the passenger seat, so she initially panicked, thinking a stranger was inside her car, and got back into her friend’s vehicle.

When she noticed the man approach their vehicle, she said she rolled down the window to apologize, telling him she thought it was her car. Roth said the man threw up his hands, pulled out a gun, and started shooting. ABC13 has verified the testimony with Bastrop County sources.

The hunters are now the hunted.

Not that this is the story, but a 3-hour drive each way 3 times a week for cheerleading practice? What the fuck?

1 Like

These peoples’ friend Tucker has been telling them every day for years that that the BLM antifas are coming to kill them, so when they finally arrive it’s really no surprise they blast away.

How many people use that parking lot at midnight?

Amazing to ponder if you have to prove that you were actually in danger or just that you were scared?

I think civilians need to prove there was actually a threat before blasting away, cops just have to have a feeling. Although I’m sure stand your ground laws are looking to level the playing field…

Cheer is serious business in Texas.

The new standard appears to be you just have to notice someone in your vicinity and you are good to blast away.

2 Likes

They were defiantly coming straight for me

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1648749826274648078?s=20