‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Jon Stewart owning some gop slapdick on the issue of guns

15 Likes

Damn.

Normally when someone makes a post like your about A owning B, I watch it and I come away underwhelmed. Not the case here. That was some complete destruction.

1 Like

Agreed…I didn’t know JS had a show out. Will have to start watching.

Unfortunately, ain’t nothing moving the needle our way on guns.

I guess maybe if someone managed to get into the Senate and mow down 30 or 40 senators, maybe. But likely not.

1 Like

This is outstanding!

1 Like

I don’t think this guy knows what the word “anecdote” means.

3 Likes

Why did that guy agree to that interview?

1 Like

Because looking like an idiot doesn’t hurt R politicians in any way.

Kind of. You are objectively correct that Jon Steward’s arguments are excellent. But if you are engaging Republicans in earnest discussions about policy you’ve already lost. They don’t care and their political supporters don’t care.

1 Like

It’s just entertainment. I’m years past caring if it’s convincing republicans which is a fools errand.

5 Likes

For sure. It’s not going to change any minds, but it was well-executed.

But looking weak does. He was playing defense and seemed to be intimidated.

1 Like

This is the face of a man who knows the only thing that matters about what is about to occur is that he’s on TV.

face

4 Likes

Also 0% chance anyone voting for this asshole ever sees the interview.

I dig. But there are plenty of people that still do think that it’s an achievement to “dunk” on deplorables like this, and share the video amongst a group of people who already completely agree with them, and celebrate this “win”.

I don’t object to this activity in a vacuum, but I stand by my belief that whatever energy that is spent in these activities by liberals would be much, much better spent actually going out and seeking to seize or influence power. The Republicans have proven that it matters more to grab the seats in the judiciary, on school boards, etc. etc. etc. than it does to “dunk” on people in policy debates. The right makes fools of themselves every time they open their mouths on policy, and yet the country is run by right wing shitheads. Make you think.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1631464023064494081

Aggressive stupidity, but armed USA USA USA

Jon’s deadpan look when the the guy said the answer to gun violence was to solve fatherless households was a chef’s kiss

1 Like

I mean, yeah, it sucks that none of this dunking on conservatives accomplishes anything but man, Stewart laid the drag queen and “regulation” traps so perfectly. Goddamn. He just led the guy down the exact path he wanted him to go.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s this. I see so many people try to do what Stewart did there. The results range from pathetic to not half bad. It’s really rare to see someone crush it that hard.

Yes, it’s all for naught. But I still appreciate the beauty in it.

1 Like

i normally don’t have the attention span for 8 minutes, but holy shit. it’s almost like it was a script how quickly and devastatingly he took apart that guy’s argument.

2 Likes

when he lured the guy into talking about wanting to do everything at the border to stop fentanyl but the #1 cause of death of children is guns… dude knew he stepped in it when JS smirked and leaned forward

1 Like