‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

I don’t know how it works in other states but in Texas 95% of polling places are schools.

I found it weird that the prosecutor said there was nothing to charge him with. Pretty clear they have enough to charge him.

We vote at schools in Maryland. It’s a state holiday so the the kids are off school that day. Early voting is at the Library.

Wheeeeee active shooter, mental health crisis, barricaded suspect in my apartment building.

So I leave for work at 5 am greeted by 10 cops in tactical gear in the breezeway. They let me go to work, which is where I am now.

Hope they get this straightened out by the time I head home.

…don’t come dox me

Also they better evict this guy lol

17 Likes

Hmm. I’m going to go serious.

I hope the situation is resolved peacefully. Having people killed in the building where I took classes has had a big impact on me the last week.

2 Likes

Yea that’s probably why it won’t pass. In a lot of small towns the school is the biggest civic building they have.

I’d say pretty much all towns under 5,000 people.

My neck of the woods has a large % of polling places in churches. :woozy_face:

In detached home precincts they might be the only large building.

The FBI has taken over negotiations, which continue. Apartment complex still on lockdown, nobody in or out.

Guess I’m staying at my mom’s house tonight. Thankfully I’m off work tomorrow.

11 Likes

The leasing office still has no new word, but the community manager assured us they’ll send out word the moment the all clear is announced.

And the property manager included his personal cell phone to resolve any issues.

“Due to the current situation, the valet trash service will be suspended this evening. It will resume tomorrow.”

Lol.

Well, unless this drags on to the 2nd day…

1 Like

Ugh, valet trash. I remember being forced into that at an old apartment once. An extra charge for something I never used cause it was horrifying walking through the halls an hour or two before pickup with everyone’s trash outside their doors. And even worse getting caught in the elevator when they’re bringing it all down to the dumpsters.

Sorry the FBI has forced you out of your home though.

The funny part was

(1) I can’t answer that

Followed immediately by

(2) Can’t charge him

We have a resolution to the standoff!

…the guy killed himself.

The 11 year old kid he shot will be ok though.

Add another counting bean to the ledger of gun deaths in this freaking country.

Dunno how well I’m gonna sleep in my own bed tonight, maybe 30 yards as the crow flies from where it all went down.

10 Likes

I’m just glad you’re safe and they didn’t Waco your building.

7 Likes

Must be the day for gun violence to hit close to home. A reporter from a tv channel that I worked at for several years was shot and killed while covering a story today. I’ve been away from there for many years, but this is hitting me hard. I can only imagine the grief at the station, and the guilt for sending them into a situation that ended up costing a life. I don’t know, but it probably seemed routine at the time. I used to love the profession. I don’t anymore. FOX has done everything in its power to ruin journalism and they are taking down the country at the same time. And all the guns. And all the assholes. It’s crazy.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1628571316222566400

I was playing poker when I heard about this. The table broke, so I racked up, and one of the dealers was at the cage, and I tried to tell him what happened, and could barely get the words out. Just a horrible thing.

4 Likes

Yeah some churches and a few libraries also do voting in Texas but overwhelming bulk are schools.

Boo hoo

4 Likes

Grift harder, jackass.

He should try pulling himself up by his bootstraps imo

1 Like