‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Probably not a hate crime?

https://twitter.com/krisvancleave/status/1617202316670808068?s=20&t=WWZtUPUG1DJbyB-bsiQWLg

Eh, asian incorporates a huge portion of the world’s population, and a LOT of asian populations have deep seated hate against the Chinese (this is likely my ignorance showing, and I know that a big portion of the asian world celebrates Lunar New Year, but I think the largest group is Chinese, so Im going by odds here) so a hate crime isn’t neccesarily off the table just because the shooter was asian

I think you’re both right. Chance of hate crime goes way down, but it’s not completely off the table.

Seems like they might already have the guy

EDIT: The guy apparently shot himself in the van. Also people are saying that this had its roots in a domestic dispute.

Domestic dispute? You don’t say! I’m shocked, I tell you. I’ll be even more shocked when it comes out that this shooter has a history of domestic violence. I say “when” because it’s like an 85-90% chance based on previous shooters

1 Like

I’m watching some coverage of this on CNN. Why do some many US police departments have/“need” all of this paramilitary equipment?

They get it from army surplus

Cause there are black people.

3 Likes

If the army has such a big “surplus” maybe they shouldn’t be given so much money in the first place. Makes you think!

:unamused:

They are in a literal arms race with the public who increasingly also has access to paramilitary equipment and are using it to carry out mass shootings.

Also because black people are apparently scary.

Also budgets don’t spend themselves. These guys will do stuff like spend a big percentage of the town budget on automatic weapons and armor, keep half and sell the rest on the black market, then demand a 5% budget increase because “crime is up”.

100s of mass shootings with legally purchased AR-15s and high capacity magazines? Nothing we can do, 2A too vital, thoughts and prayers.

Some cops outgunned by two bank robbers in North Hollywood in 1997? DOUBLE THE BUDGET OF EVERY POLICE FORCE IN THE COUNTRY AND PURCHASE MAXIMUM FIREPOWER TO STOP A SMALL ARMY RIGHT NOW!

3 Likes

Yeah but suppose for a second that your house was ransacked by thugs, your family was tied up in the basement with socks in their mouths, you try to open the door but there’s too much blood on the knob, what then?

1 Like

My question sir, is about the budget.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1617652712027324417

Good news. The US is trending for the most mass shootings this year in its history.

:cake:

1 Like

It’s the disgruntled psychopaths that exist in every country and not the guns they easily access in the USA though!

1 Like