‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

My brother is a DoO at Hyatt. All their hotels in America check every room, everyday, since Vegas shooting.

We’re saved

1 Like

homerbartmostdystopianthingsofar.jpeg

1 Like

Wait, WAT? What exactly do you mean by “check”? Do they inform the guests this is going to happen?

I’ve stayed at Hyatt’s recently, and unless they are entering rooms with DND tags displayed, then they are not doing this at every location. (Although they might say they are.)

The hotel can enter the rooms for whatever reason, whenever they want. It’s just bad service to not ask or to do it inconveniently. They may pretend like it’s your pad but It’s their rooms.

I don’t think anybody disagrees with that?

I don’t disagree with that either. I’m just skeptical that they do it. Every room, every day? Seems sus.

Also I’m very curious about what a “check” entails.

I was surprised in a recent stay in Vegas for 2 weeks that nobody came in. But it’s possible they literally just poked their head in and didn’t touch anything.

Yeah, I don’t see why they’d want to do any checks unless they had a good reason to - the fewer the better for everyone. That’s a shitload of work and horrible service for them to just start Macgyver’ing into everyone’s biz to catch the next Vegas shooter.

All Disney hotels do this as well. Their policy is they must get into every room, at some point, every day. They will bypass dnd sign if they have to after warning. Actually, theey got rid of teh dnd sign and replaced it with a “room occupied” sign.

Do they open drawers and shit? What if someone likes to keep their AR-15 out of plain sight?

Or what if the maid sees a bunch of guns. What can they even do? Second amendment and all.

Yeah, this is the scenario that I’m curious about. Are they just doing it when I’m not around? And if so, how weird is it that I’ve never been in the room even one time when they’ve done it.

Nah, it’s pretty cursory, but it would prevent someone who had an arsenal and tons of ammo like in Vegas I guess. Against someone really determined? Yeah, it’s theater. As to your second point, guns are prohibited on Disney Property.

How long is Ronnie gonna let that stand?

1 Like

One of the most shocking statistics I learned from a Disney Insider recently was the rate of guns discovered at the security checkpoints entering the parks. It’s at least once a day, every day, at every park. It’s often some soccer mom with a loaded gun in her purse who “forgot” it was there or who “didn’t know” that you can’t bring a loaded gun into a park with 50,000 kids at any given point.

Well, how are you supposed to have a good guy/gal with a gun if you don’t let them take them in?

1 Like

Some member of the staff enters each day. Typically cleaning staff but if not some other staff.

How would you know?

Well like I said, unless they are entering rooms with DND signs… But it does seem weird that nobody came knocking by chance even once when at least one of us was in our room.