‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

Keeping other people from intervening helped the shooter.

Nothing at all

They helped the shooter kill more people

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1539302389429182468

How is banning brass knuckles not a second amendment violation? I almost want someone to appeal this all the way to the SC as a troll.

I really think that if people started doing this in the rich white republican neighborhoods (or near their schools), you might actually get some gun control. Of course, if it was liberals doing this to prove a point, I’d bet the cops would find a way to prosecute.

FYP. Also Muslims.

2 Likes

Parkland is one of the richest school districts in Florida.

honestly the way to enact gun control is to make #BlackManOpenCarry a thing in every single open carry state and just watch the gun control laws pour in

2 Likes

That’s exactly what happened in California in the 70s with the Black Panthers and their emulators.

Somehow I feel like it’s not gonna work this time. Half the Republican base’s identity is tied up in how many guns they own.

Fixed that.

1 Like

That’s a good way to get shot.

Were they using SNES9X or NESTICLE?

9 Likes

Questionable. The brave parents that went in to save their kids would possibly have been more target practice for the shooter.

Another interesting question:

How does this situation play out if police were abolished in Uvalde? Fewer deaths, more deaths, would the social workers or other professionals required to intervene have been able to defuse the situation more effectively.

One mother was able to go in and get her children out. Other parents were kept from doing that.

New testimony reveals Uvalde police spent 45 minutes looking for a hall pass before advancing on school shooter

5 Likes

Did this parent remove her children from the classroom under threat or just somewhere else on the campus that wasn’t under immediate threat?

i didnt say they wouldnt have to be brave

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1540014855037534214?t=uaQYXykWxWVoltyIU-c4eA&s=19

Received a reply from Chuck Schumer to the email I sent him a few weeks ago. A total nothingburger form letter

full text

Dear econophile:

Thank you for writing me to express your support for sensible gun safety legislation. I share in your grief and sympathy for the families and loved ones of those killed in the tragedies that have continued to wreak havoc on our nation over the past several years. Words cannot describe the inhumanity of these incidents. One of my highest priorities in this congress has been, and continues to be, exploring ways to prevent future mass killings.

As you may know, I have long been a proponent of sensible gun laws. I introduced the Brady Bill in 1994, which required a systematic background check to own or sell a gun. I also co-wrote the Assault Weapons Ban in 1994, which outlawed the manufacture and importation of twenty types of semi-automatic weapons. After the tragedy at Virginia Tech in 2007, I took a leading role in passing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Amendments Act through the Senate. Like you, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent.

This is why, in the spring of 2013, I was an original cosponsor of the “Manchin-Toomey” background check legislation, and was extremely disappointed to see it stopped by a minority of my colleagues. More recently, I have worked to ensure that those who are known or suspected terrorists are prevented from purchasing guns. I have also introduced legislation to incentivize states to provide data to NICS, and help improve its effectiveness. I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate to develop ways to prevent senseless mass killings and other preventable gun deaths from happening again, and appreciate your support for our efforts.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please keep in touch with your thoughts and opinions.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator