‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

it can be interpreted any possible way the justices on the SC want to, it’s all calvinball

I mean people will begin manufacturing guns at home if we get to the point where the 2nd amendment is repealed.

Legal change has to be followed by cultural reinforcement of it. We’re really bad at the latter part (see: racism).

It’s incredibly difficult to do that if you’re starting from zero experience and anyone interested or fearful enough to actually start doing that would have been already stockpiled by then.

I thought ghost guns were pretty easy to buy and assemble?

Probably sunsets itself after 8 years

CNN marching out married couple Margaret Hoover and John Avlon to cheerlead this bill. Shameless.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m referring to a gun ban that would also hypothetically prevent the sale and make it illegal for businesses to sell the kits. 3D printed guns and home made scrap metal guns aren’t easy and require a shitload of money and machinery and someone who knows how to use it.

Your average idiot isn’t going to be able to build it to where it’s worth a damn.

They will if they need to. Either that or they’ll find someone who makes 3D guns and buy them there.

It would be a lot easier to just use one of the half a billion guns in circulation.

The point I’m getting at is that even if the harshest gun laws possible were ever passed, they’re useless without cultural reinforcement. It’d be akin to Prohibition.

It would be fantastic if we got to the point where potential shooters have to make shitty improvised guns from 3D printers.

You could at least stop or limit open carry.

Yeah ive seen video of 3d printed handguns but havent seen one of a 3d printed AK. Is that a thing?

Well, my kid could never make a gun because his 3d prints fuck up halfway through.

He could make a sawed off shot gun.

5 Likes

It’s not useless.

We had the uvalde shooter trying to get guns under 18 and failing. (Didnt kill anyone). Turned 18. Bought guns and killed people.

Then the other guy who bought guns three hours before going in a spree.

Both of these would have been hampered or prevented by gun laws. If they have to do 3d printing etc that’s going to make it much harder.

You can theoretically 3d print guns in japan and europe. The crazies dont do that, they hit people with a car or use knives, with much lower deaths.

4 Likes

As long as SCOTUS ignores the words “well regulated militia” it would all seem pointless.

They’ve got Parkland students and family saying that anything is better than nothing. That any vote is momentum. IDK WTF to think.

3 Likes