‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

3 Likes

I’ll allow it.

1 Like

Nice to see an LA Story reference.

I think the preferred phrasing is “I FEARED FOR MY LIFE”, but otherwise spot on.

“It was coming right for us” is also acceptable if you want to shoot your weapon.

2 Likes

Of course no one knows yet what the motivation was but here’s something I ran across yesterday for context:

The suspect in the shooting, identified by police as Tony Earls, 41, was making a transaction at a drive-thru ATM at 2900 Woodridge Dr. in southeastern Houston with his wife Monday shortly before 10 p.m. when he was robbed at gunpoint, according to police.

“Earls first shot at the robbery suspect, who was fleeing on foot, and then at a pickup truck he thought the robbery suspect had gotten into,” police said.

One of those rounds struck the back window of the pickup truck, which was occupied by a family of five that was not involved in the robbery, police said. A 9-year-old girl in the rear passenger seat was struck during the shooting, police said.

The real tragedy is that this little girl’s parents didn’t arm her so she could return fire. Only A Good Girl With A Gun can stop A Good Guy With A Gun That Is Spraying Her Car With Bullets Trying To Stop A Bad Guy With A Gun.

2 Likes

how long before someone in texas suggests wearing a bulletproof vest in public?

I was wondering why the NRA and 3%ers weren;t all rallying around this guy but then I clicked on the article

Whoever perfects bulletproof fashion is gonna rake it in. It will be the right wing’s version of masking up.

Protecting ourselves from mass shootings and random shootings is going to be bipartisan.

We aren’t far from it being Republican doctrine that Sandy Hook never happened. We’re already at the point where the only thing that protects you from a gun is another gun.

Would you wear a comfortable bulletproof layer when in public?

Seems like it would be impossible not to if they are available. Almost certainly I would but idk.

Legitimate political discourse.

They call it Wonder Hoodie because when it really comes down to it, you gotta wonder if it actually works.

4 Likes

Anywhere where that would make a measurable impact on your safety is a place where you should move the fuck away from rather than relying on clothing.

1 Like

i can sorta see it used hunting, but that’s it

That’s literally everywhere now.

I also live in a rough area. Money is an issue but, even if it wasn’t, my rescue is dog aggressive so this is a good spot for her. The geography around the house keeps her exposure to a minimum.

This would also empower unarmed good samaritans who might be willing to rush an active shooter.