‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

How is a 17 year old able to obtain an AR-15 and brandish it in public? That’s like a tactical SWAT type gun. WTF?

ETA: “Gun Laws in Wisconsin” wikipedia says open carry age is 18.

he was white and looks close to 18 so all good in the pigs eyes

well, black people are the ones buying guns right now.

Dude, you know what country Wisconsin is in, right?

Hi, welcome to the United States! In states like mine (Oklahoma) any non-felon over 21 (18 if military) can open carry. No license required. Another cool thing is gun shows. You can walk into a gun show with cash, buy as many assault rifles you want, and submit zero paperwork. USA! USA! USA!

“ **The carrying of a firearm, concealed or unconcealed, loaded or unloaded, by a person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older or by a person who is eighteen (18) years of age but not yet twenty-one (21) years of age and the person is a member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard or was discharged under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard, and the person is otherwise not disqualified from the possession or purchase of a firearm under state or federal law and is not carrying the firearm in furtherance of a crime”

https://twitter.com/ThegirlMelanie/status/1297904660142075907

2 Likes

I really thought he was going to say “Not getting shot at school.”

tenor

Not familiar with the song and can’t catch what the lyric is no matter how many times I listen to it

1 Like

It just seems like some edgy bullshit and doesn’t make me hopeful that the next generation will change the world.

“This time baby I’ll be bullet proof.”

2 Likes

I have that song in heavy rotation on my ipod. True story.

1 Like

You get all this from one high school kid on tiktok? Impressive.

He did.

sorry i’m hopeful that the next generation will change the world but don’t think this dumb tiktok video deserves “ya’ll generation z is a whole different breed” and 250,000 likes on twitter thats all.

Yeah that makes sense. I thought the video and the response was interesting to show that it’s still heavy on their minds.

It’s often hard to get teenagers to remember something that was the ABSOLUTE END OF THE WORLD to them just last week. So the prospect of getting shot at school must be very real and lasting for them.

In the long run (after I’m dead) this bodes well for gun laws I guess.

1 Like

I don’t think the person meant that the next generation will save the world with the gen z is a different breed comment well at least I didn’t read it that way. I read it more as of a look at society, gen z is currently doing school online because of a global pandemic and there’s still a silver lining because you won’t get killed in a school shooting

1 Like

Gen Z won’t save us but they’re better than the previous generations

I think this is usually the case. There are no doubt exceptions, which is why the level of active dislike being heaped on the Boomers is something new. They are simultaneously the largest group of old people ever and a generation that actually left the world a worse place than they found it, which is pretty rare historically.

yeah millennials were just the worst…

4 Likes

Blue lives: Mattering