New Moderator Confirmation Votes: Tilted and CanadaMatt3004

Link to thread

@Tilted and @CanadaMatt3004 have each been nominated to serve a 6 month term as moderator, which would begin once confirmed and serve through 5/1/22. A 2/3 majority vote is required to confirm a moderator per the current moderator appointment rules. Each poll should be viewed as an individual confirmation, as a result of 0, 1, or 2 new moderators for this term are all possible. These polls will close at Noon CT on October 28th, at which time results will be official.

Do you support confirming Tilted to a 6 month term as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Do you support confirming CanadaMatt3004 to a 6 month term as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Easy yes on both IMO. Thanks for volunteering!

7 Likes

A couple things to point out itt.

When this proposed change was made, the assumption was that mods would still be entrenched because after they rotated out, they would immediately be back in 2 months. Instead @MrWookie and @skydiver8 both passed over being a mod again immediately.

There was a thought that we wouldn’t have enough quality nominees volunteer. We had two volunteers last time who weren’t approved by community consensus and a request from the new mod team to give them time to sort things out. Two months later we have two quality nominees to replace the one outgoing mod in @PocketChads

We have no mods rotating out in 2 months, so another opportunity to grow the team to balance out terms and then 3 rotate out in 4 months.

I’m not taking a victory lap yet, but early signs are that this is working as intended.

8 Likes

CanadaMatt is a gentleman and a scholar (as well as a great Walrus player), but I have to vote no on the grounds that he has stated he will be quick with bans. I think this can only lead to more drama and b.s. The new crew has done well with very few bans. Let’s keep the good vibes going.

1 Like

I disagree. I think the new mods have been quicker to hand out bans before an extended back and forth develops.

I disagree. The new mods seem to be taking different approaches to bans, @otatop being quick with them and @Rugby seeking dialog first.

Yes for everyone, always.

1 Like

Might as well post it here.

Jbro has raised concerns about how I will fare as a mod. Please review the last 20 or so posts of the bickering thread (I know, I know, im sorry for sending anyone there) for further details. If you have concerns about my modding abilities, please change your vote to no.

Thanks.

Also, music lovers vote NO on the grounds he’s a Meatloaf fan.

1 Like

Im sure you misspoke.

I believe you meant SUPERfan

This thing is still open? What were you so exited about last night that was going to happen in 12 hours?

Bro… Please stop trying to stir shit up in threads.

3 Likes

It was a serious question.

I obviously dont understand how dates work

1 Like

No it wasn’t. It was a hostile question loaded with animosity in a thread that doesn’t close for another 19 hours.

lol hostile question. I hope you and Matt are ok and will get over it.

Glad we are off to a good start. Thanks for acting in good faith.

1 Like

Oh good. I think youll appreciate my approach to most things then

2 Likes

Polls have closed, @spidercrab or @olink can you log into your admin account and empower Tilted and CanadaMatt3004?

2 Likes