New Moderator Confirmation Votes: jman220, MrWookie, commonWealth, and Crunchyblack

Maybe the people who are against mods should create their own site without mods…

9 Likes

I know you aren’t a dick, but do you get how this is a dickish post? “Why don’t all the people who love benevolent dictators fuck off back to 2p2” has the same vibe.

We are all allowed to post at multiple places. The pro mod contingent doesn’t own this place.

1 Like

neither do you, for that matter!

Yes? Please go on. I think we are in agreement.

I find your entire argument ridiculous. no one owns the site (i guess legally one person does, but he’s fairly uninvolved and just owns the domain) so we do things by vote and we decided a threshold for passing that vote that’s accepted by the community and despite some gaming of the system CW sailed through it, via this same community mandate, yet you’re in here immediately calling him a “god emperor” for trying to do the things the community voted for him to do.

seems a bit, I don’t know the right word for it, absurd

4 Likes

Oh woah. I thought you were responding to me responding to chuck. I suggest a second draft.

no, I don’t think I’ll do that. I do agree with you on one thing though - the site definitely should be used how it’s intended, which is why it has moderation and administration tools to help prevent bad actors from trying to destroy the site or make the experience worse for other users.

3 Likes

:vince:

Chuckleslovakian for mod.

Also, there were three posters that missed the election that would have voted for Wookie. Can we include their votes in the tally?

2 Likes

STOP THE STEAL

DO SOMETHING

See, nearly banhammered again for a (BBC) legit quotation… not liking this trigger happy modding…

Following his confirmation as the new Chewbacca, Suotamo posted a tribute to Peter Mayhew, the British-born actor who first took on the role of the beloved “walking carpet”.

1 Like

I think CW just didn’t get the reference. You’ll get an apology and warning retraction soon.

1 Like

:vince:

DrakeNo: counting votes made on the last day
DrakeYes: counting votes made after the polls close

5 Likes

This is your warning @hokie, that’s referencing old drama to stir it up again. Jmakin was removed as an admin and left for a long time, there’s no need to drag him over the coals for that.

1 Like

We can see if this works I guess, but warnings/moderation about past drama when it seems like it’s what a solid third of what we do is going to lead to way too many people getting warnings/moderation and leave a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths. Be more aggressive in moderating shit stirring posts/trolling as they spill to other threads (ie escalating moderation for repeat offenders), but to just say we can’t talk about the past in the About area is excessive.

2 Likes

The site was intended, you might remember, as a community of equals, not as an elective dictatorship imposing undemocratic moderation rules that haven’t been approved by the community.

What do you believe is inaccurate?