New Moderator Confirmation Votes: jman220, MrWookie, commonWealth, and Crunchyblack

I completely agree that self-moderation is best. That being said a lot of people here across the spectrum struggle with that. If you are forum warring with people that is the primary problem. How we deal with it and the arguments that come with that is secondary to that and wouldn’t even be a consideration without it.

1 Like

Didn’t COVID teach us that we can’t trust people to be responsible (if you didn’t know that already)?

Of course. I am just saying that ideally we would not need moderation. Of course we don’t live in an ideal world and this isn’t an ideal forum. I’m not sure how you can simultaneously be a shit stirrer who has absolutely no remorse for their actions and cry about moderation. The moderation exists solely because of that kind of behavior. Of course some here would say that behavior exists because of the moderation but I’m not really buying it because I have been here since the beginning when there was little to no moderation and the forum wars all got started then. The moderation was a response to them.

That being said I still think little to no moderation is best regardless.

I’m pretty sure this entire thing started over the usage of “ghetto blaster” and i dont think thats even hyperbole

Crying about moderation may be a way to stir shit. That’s how.

3 Likes

Boy, wouldn’t that be embarrassing.

11 Likes

It appears I need more votes. I will revise my campaign promise as follows: if elected mod, I will not issue temporary or permanent bans to any user except @goofyballer, and those bans will only be when he deserves it, and they will be for three days at a time.

3 Likes

Yeah but I’m not a yob. So there.

Frankly people you call captains gave up on this place once people just like you started giving out stupid bans and stupidly long bans to one side, repeatedly.

Eg remember the two week ban you gave me without citation of what it was for, then some time later even admitted you had no idea what you were doing?

Ah yes, the ol “I hate this place, but don’t you dare keep me from posting here!”

3 Likes

Well I was gone for over a year but it’s cool that you’re still trying to make being a poster here intolerable.

This one?

I did not admit I had no idea what I was doing, I said

These were the two posts, and the reason they got you two weeks off when others wouldn’t have gotten the same treatment is obvious from my previous wall of quotes.

which year?

I didn’t expect you to go to that length - a simple “Yeah I’m as biased af” would have done.

The parts you snipped out tell the story of your modding:

otatop wrote:

otatop wrote:

yeah, no one cares

6 Likes

:vince:

I would switch some no votes to yes if we could put mods on ignore. Is that a button that can get turned on somewhere or not possible?

I mean, it would be possible to make a group in which membership would hide all posts by an individual poster, but I’m not sure if we want to go down the route of an Ignore Yuv group etc. I can also just post the CSS and people can add it locally to their browsers

One in particular, for me.

I don’t know what this means. Can I ignore Wookie or not